the things your chickens WILL NOT eat

Mine have turned their beaks up at bananna's and green beans, they scarf down corn, grapes, peanuts, oatmeal, yogurt, watermelon, like to "play with" lettuce, kale, etc. . . .
On the other hand, they will climb up onto the patio chairs to eat the leaves of the Eucalyptus trees, and have indicated an appetite for mesquite leaves and chuparosa leaves and stems. . . .

pretzels. They eat everything else, including stuff mentioned by others here who have more picky chickens. They love pumpkins and green beans.

Last night I gave them a grasshopper over 3inches long. One of them tried but gave up. They also couldn't eat a dung beatle. They refuse to eat my cucumber beatles or the larva.

They have refused raw carrot and banana.

Quote:
Your chickens don't like baked beans? Hmmm. Funny. Our chickens love them, and they love bean burritos, too.
lol.png

Parsley and Creeping Charlie. I thought the parsley would be good for them, and really, REALLY hoped they'd clean up the creeping charlie in the lawn, but no luck!! They prefer hostas and sedum and roses and tomatoes....

Back
Top Bottom