the things your chickens WILL NOT eat

lol.png
LOL.........
they don't care for lettuce, they are in the garden everyday and haven't touched the pumpkins, the carrots or the green beans......and they would only eat the peas....if I shelled them for them! Lazy chickens.

I get all of the left over produce from one of our supermarkets a couple times a week.
thumbsup.gif
The chickens leave behind hard things like stalks
tongue.gif
but eat the leafy parts. Fruits with rinds or thick skins need to be cut in half to allow access (ie. Cantalope, melons, tomatoes or grapes the first few times, ) 70 birds get an apple box of greens/ day = bright dark yellow- orange yolks. They especially like the sprouts ( bean, alfalfa and mixed), corn and tomatoes ( they have to fight the ravens for them
somad.gif
).

Last edited:
DH went to take the girls corn on the cob the other day and I told him to heat it up first as they dont like it cold...He rolled his eyes and laughed saying,"these girls are pretty spoiled.I did try hanging a head of cabbage to occupy them,they did not like it..They love the am apples(peeled w/no seeds)w/ oats and best of all"scrambled eggs..Somedays they will eat yogurt and other days it is left.They do not like cucumbers,lettuce,spinach,peppers or tomatoes.But love watermelon,safflower seeds,the wheat bread pieces in milk was a hit as well. I was going to try pumpkin this week and see the reaction. I hope they like mice..??? I think I have one in the coop..YEEKS!I DONT LIKE MICE..

Back
Top Bottom