The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Thank you so much :hugs . I know that you peeps also wanted to see these little guys hatch. We still have a few who are developing (3, at the very least) so let's keep cheering for those, and possibly hoping I was wrong in my assessment. As long as they aren't stinkers, they can stay in the incubator until lockdown. I really hope I just didn't judge their development correctly
From my hatch-a-longs, I found the stress of a quitter or lack of development to be doubled as I was disappointed for myself and equally stressed / disappointed for the person who had named that egg.

Hehe, it sounds a little mean... but I hope you are wrong Fluffy! I hope you didn't see them correctly at all 🤭 I hope they are ALL growing!

Hammy is out showing his support.

Screenshot_20240411-154219_Gallery.jpg

From my hatch-a-longs, I found the stress of a quitter or lack of development to be doubled as I was disappointed for myself and equally stressed / disappointed for the person who had named that egg.

Hehe, it sounds a little mean... but I hope you are wrong Fluffy! I hope you didn't see them correctly at all 🤭 I hope they are ALL growing!

That is true. I kind of don't want to announce which are the quitters, but I feel like I owe it to you, and I also don't want to jinx the rest

Don't worry, I hope I'm wrong too!

We've entered Day 7 everybody :wee !

In less than 24 hours we'll be doing the official first candling!

Today, the comb begins to develop.

I did a little bit of a cheeky candling, and I'm left a bit sad. I saw what I'm 99.9% sure were blood rings on at least three serama eggs, so please send positive vibes, prayers, or anything positive their way, so that we don't lose any more.

@tlcmurphy your eggie is definitely developing, little Jelly Bean is a fighter!
I am so sorry Fluffy, :hugs things happen during hatches, stuff out of our control. But we will all be here to cheer you and the eggies on!!! :wee

I am so sorry Fluffy, :hugs things happen during hatches, stuff out of our control. But we will all be here to cheer you and the eggies on!!! :wee

Thank you:hugs. I hope it wasn't my fault. At the same time though, I hope it was. Because if it was, then it's something I can fix in my next hatch. Am I making sense? Thank you all for the support❤️

Last edited:
Thank you:hugs. I hope it wasn't my fault. At the same time though, I hope it was. Because if it was, then it's something I can fix in my next hatch. Am I making sense. Thank you all for the support❤️
Blood rings usually aren't something we can cause. They can form from eggs that got too cold or too hot early in in the cycle. So a temperature fluctuation in the machine thing. Weak embryos die early on too, genetics and diet of parents can effect early death. I always seem to get at least 1 or 2 every time I hatch. :hugs

Blood rings usually aren't something we can cause. They can form from eggs that got too cold or too hot early in in the cycle. So a temperature fluctuation in the machine thing. Weak embryos die early on too, genetics and diet of parents can effect early death. I always seem to get at least 1 or 2 every time I hatch. :hugs

Thank you :hugs . I've been monitoring the temps, they have not changed for more than 0.3C°, I'd like to say. Don't know if that would be enough. Genetics could be it, since only Lady Gaga is "tested"

Back
Top Bottom