The true spirit of Christmas - These folks are heroes

Quote:
Are you one of those heroes, chickened?
smile.png

hugs.gif
Then you get one too.

P.S. I gotta send another one out into the BYC universe for another very special hero
hugs.gif
smile.png

First let me say I am NOT bragging here. About 15 years ago my wife and I went to pick up a dog from a woman near my home. We got there got the dog and my wife and her were talking and mind you it was Christmas time and she was telling us how her husband just left her and she was worried about what was going to happen financially. I was not really thrilled about going with my wife for this event and only went to get some money owed to me for a logtruck load of firewood logs near there. I am sitting in the truck listening to this and I had this overwhelming sensation to help this person, now I am an in control all the time type person I leave very little to chance and it was if someone else was making me do this, I reached into my pocket and pulled out a large sum of money, nudged my wife and motioned her to give it to this woman. She was excited and began crying and thanked us and then told us she was faced with losing her house and returning to the reservation (native american) and she really did not want to do that.

I am not superstitious at all but do believe in a higher power and to this day I cannot explain why I did that as I know it was not my idea... it just happened. So what this person did does not surprise me.

It is amazing what a chain of a few random acts of kindness can create. We had a couple that we had never seen before share theri pizza with us the other day. It was an older couple and they said they couldn't finish the pizza and overheard us talk about how we craved pizza. Whatever I tried, they wanted to accept nothing in return. I gave them our farm business card and they will stop by with their daughter who loves horses and happened to just move in a couple houses down from us. People get so caught up in negative stuff that we forget what a little gesture like that can do to somebody who maybe had a bad day.

None of us can make a difference in everyone's life.

But each of us can make a difference in someone's life.

Spook

Last edited:
chickened - That was Santa's spirit telling you what do do
smile.png
He makes good samaritans everyday without them realizing it.
Avalon - I'm sure you inviting them to your farm and allowing their little one to come see the horses was anough payment for them. It's the older generation that I notice does such great acts of kindness and expect nothing in return. I wish my generation was more like that.

I often become ashamed of my age due to that fact. Most people my age expect everything but can't be bothered to do a nice deed in return. That's why I try so hard to be kind and do nice things (usually anonymosly [sp]) whenever I can. It's the least I can do after living such a good life. My parents weren't rich but they tried to give us what they never had. I want to be that kind of parent as well.

One time I bought this guy a muffin and a drink in a 7/11, it was probably like four dollars total. I felt like I did my good deed for the day. I go back the next day(was a 7/11 right outside work) and they had printed off pictures of him from the security camera. I guess he robbed the place shortly after I left.

Back
Top Bottom