The truth about most dogs lives.

Quote:
If a vet has any ethical morals he will put the dog down if the owners ask, instead of sending a dog to HELL in a shelter.
If the vet has any ethical morals..he will put the dog down humanely..so the owners dont have to shoot their dog..

Just my opinion..

How would it be any different then from me going in to the doctor a doctor for people and tell him to kill me or my husband taking me in there to tell the doctor to kill me because I or my husband does not want me in a nursing home?

I don't think that is humane to just kill something cause it is your choice unless it is more humane to do so because there is a reason because the animal is in pain and suffering. Better off then and not adoptable anyways probably.

Yes, i'll bring hubby to be put down too... When its time..its time.
lol.png

Honestly though..
Yes, i do think that if a SICK person WANTS to end their SUFFERING that a doctor should be able to help them pass on pain free. As long as the person is of sound mind.... it should be their choice.
I've seen a lot of sick and suffering, slowly dying people in my (past) job... I've had people begging me to let them just die because they are suffering so badly.
Yeah... put me down with some good drugs, please!
Heck.. we put sick and suffering animals down... we dont let them suffer...Why should humans have to suffer too?
Once again.. Just my humble opinion.
pop.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
How would it be any different then from me going in to the doctor a doctor for people and tell him to kill me or my husband taking me in there to tell the doctor to kill me because I or my husband does not want me in a nursing home?

I don't think that is humane to just kill something cause it is your choice unless it is more humane to do so because there is a reason because the animal is in pain and suffering. Better off then and not adoptable anyways probably.

lol.png

Honestly though..
Yes, i do think that if a SICK person WANTS to end their SUFFERING that a doctor should be able to help them pass on pain free. As long as the person is of sound mind.... it should be their choice.
I've seen a lot of sick and suffering, slowly dying people in my (past) job... I've had people begging me to let them just die because they are suffering so badly.
Heck.. we put sick and suffering animals down... we dont let them suffer...Why should humans have to suffer too?
pop.gif

I agree to redhen but for a doctor to decide in both cases it is like having a second opinion not just killing to kill for whatever reason you see fit....I don't think that is right.

Quote:
lol.png

Honestly though..
pop.gif

I agree to redhen but for a doctor to decide in both cases it is like having a second opinion not just killing to kill for whatever reason you see fit....I don't think that is right.

I understand what you mean...
But i still disagree... i think its so much more cruel to send your pet to live in a shelter.
I'd rather be dead.. and i'm sure my dog would be too....

Sooooo.... if one in four children in the US goes to bed hungry most nights, should the other seventy five percent of parents refrain from having kids? What one group of people does poorly, should not affect the choices and decisions of the larger, more ethical, caring and conscientious group.

Quote:
Just because it is legal does not mean I would do it. To me it would be abuse if for a selfish reason or act because of what you think of shelters. If the dog was not suffering or in pain. You don't have to give to a shelter but regardless of what the laws are I think it is wrong to kill an animal when perfectly healthy for your own reasons. I do not consider them as property necessarily either my animals are my friends, kids, and just like people to me I would not treat them any different and give them the best chance at life possible. Find a home before shelter fine but too kill it cause you think no one would treat it as good as you at a shelter and not try to find a home is not right.

I sat in a on a court case where dogs were killed by a neighbor of someone's because it was attacking and that was here in Washington I understand that to protect yourself and others.

I am merely pointing out that it is legal and not how you stated in your first post. Each person has a moral character that they live by (or not). Animals are viewed as property under the law. There is a reason for that. If they were not then their status becomes elevated to, say, companions. What is the value of your companion? In the case of your vet making a fatal error during a surgery, or a neighbor recklessly running over your dog or shooting it, what is the value of a companion? $25K, $75K, $100K or $1 million? Can you see where that is going to go? I understand you are very attached to your animals and take very good care of them. I do too. There are, however, times when a dog must be put down and it is the owner's choice to make that decision. That's all I was trying to point out.

\\

It is though kinda cause just to do it to do it is not right and abuse IMO. If I knew someone was going to or had shot an animal merely cause they did not want it going to a shelter, I would be calling attention to that. I think for anyone to be put down animal or a human, a doctor should be involved in making that call. I do understand what you are saying but to me my animals are living companions there is no value. I think it would depend on circumstances in each case. There are times animals need to be put down but for a valid health reason IMO.

So I can take in a perfectly healthy 8 week old puppy everyday to a different vet and 95% of the time your or that vet or someones vet will put it down cause you want them too cause you can't keep it anymore and you don't want it going to the shelter? I am 100% positive my vet would not do that. Do you think if someone seen you shoot a puppy that they would say oh its ok its your property? No I don't and I would not stand there and watch that either but thats just me. Cause they have no voice.

Quote:
I would not take a sick personal animal of mine to the shelter anyways. I think some of the posters are talking about any age animal and any circumstances it would be better off dead then in a shelter. I don't agree with that.

Quote:
I totally agree with you! there is a time and a place for good purebred dogs bred by good responsible breeders, however there is also a place for shelter animals. i am sure you can find the perfect family pet at a shelter but if you wanted a champion show dog, then you certainly wouldnt get it from a shelter, then in that situation of cousrse youd get it from a good responsible breeder breeding good quality champion dogs, however there are many wonderful animals in shelters that need homes too so again, like i said, theres a time and a place everything but i really think people should seriously consider the decision to get an animal BEFORE they get that animal, they can live 10-15 yrs or more and you have to be prepared for that, its an animals life your talking about here and so its really not fair to them if you dont do your homework and get a dog or other animal then decide its not gonna work out and get rid of them, its not fair to the animal and its not their fault so i really think people should seriously consider this decision BEFORe getting the animal, its a big decision, they should also spay and neuter their pets, it would probably help a lot or at least some if people seriously considered the decision first and fixed their pets as well rather than taking the decision ligh-heartedly and/or breeding them for money or "cause they look pretty", its a big decesion and should not be entered into lightly, JMHO. alright ill stop rambling now, sorry but thats JMHO...

I agree! Most of the dogs that I have helped rehome had a story where the people did not consider their future, the breed and type of dog they were choosing, or other predictable factors had they only done their homework a little.
We pride ourself in our group in making matches with the public, so to avoid the issue of people not knowing what they are getting into. Especially in the case of a rescued dog, we are sometimes looking for something specific for them. For instance, this year we had a great dane who was a handful... beautiful, but a handful. She bounced out of her first home. We found her one that was dane-ready, experienced with the breed and ready for a young bouncy one, just what we had! They are a great match now and one of our success stories. But her first owner did not consider what a great dane would actually be like.

I have some things to say about shelters that bugs me, and it is what has kept me and many other people from adopting.
If they really wanted a dog or cat adopted, I think the adoption process should be easier. No, I am not interested in giving you references from my vet that I only use for emergencies and rabies shots. They probably wouldn't have anything to say anyways. Just because I have livestock and other dogs does not mean I can't handle another dog. Don't assume. I understand they want the pet to have a good forever home- but do they realize how much they limit the field by being like that?
Last thing, I understand that there are necessary things dogs need before they are adopted, shots, bathing, food ect. But I will not pay $100-200 dollars for a shelter dog. I would rather take the dog myself to a vet to get it fixed rather than for it to already be fixed. I am ok with the contingent of getting the dog fixed within certain time frame.
I would totally adopt a shelter dog (or 2 or 3) if they didn't act like you were adopting a human child.
I can't stand filling out forms like I'm applying for a job, need a background check and all that crap. Its silly.

I am totally for saving and helping any and all dogs. I myself have rescued dogs, but they came in the form of stray dogs. I have taken in pups and adults- got 'em up to par and found them homes too.

I totally agree with welsummerchicks' post, It's amazing how many people don't think those things through.

Back
Top Bottom