The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements...

Pics
Would you feed layer pellets to ducks that are laying? I also have 5 month old ducks and 5 week old goslings in the same area. I've been feeding starter/grower all their lives, but I didn't know if I was denying the older ducks some needed calcium. They have eaten calf manna by accident once or twice... I have a calf. The poor calf has to push the ducks out of his bowl. :)
If you have youngins I wouldn't use layer if they are all together. All flock or Flock Raiser is better and then just a bowl of oyster shell for the layers they will eat as needed. and young ones may taste but don't eat it. I have used Purina Flock raiser from hatch till end of life and I have one 11yrs old and one going on 11.

Following, great post. Picked up our first ducklings last night. Three runners.

Brewers yeast tablets. Cant seem to find how much to crush up and give a day. Any ideas? Thanks

Thanks for the advice. We don't have anywhere local to buy all flock feed, so I have to make do with starter/grower. We have three feed stores other than TSC. When it's time to buy feed again, I will check them again and see if they have any available to order. I couldn't help but share pictures of my water fowl friends.
frow.gif

Goslings Pekins

KCs, Buffs, and Cayuga Muscovy and everyone else.
big_smile.png

Thanks for the advice. We don't have anywhere local to buy all flock feed, so I have to make do with starter/grower. We have three feed stores other than TSC. When it's time to buy feed again, I will check them again and see if they have any available to order. I couldn't help but share pictures of my water fowl friends.
frow.gif

Goslings Pekins

KCs, Buffs, and Cayuga Muscovy and everyone else.
big_smile.png
Very nice flock

I thaw frozen peas first. Do they like them still frozen? I've heard peas called "crack for ducks" and I see why! They sure go crazy for them!

Back
Top Bottom