The United States is going to attack Assad in Syria?

And for whom do you suppose they are crafting nuclear weapons? Not Israel. A nuclear attack on Israel would take out Ramallah, Jerusalem Gaza and Amman. Beirut and Baghdad would suffer also. No, those nuclear weapons are meant for someone else. You and I.

So to recap you still think there are WMDs in Iraq and you think Iran is going to nuke us. I dunno, man. I think 24 hour news media, especially the more fair and balanced ones, like to make a buck off of fear and you are the unfortunate victim.

Last edited:
You are free to believe what ever you want to believe. And I am also entitled to my opinions. Yes, the weapons of mass destruction were not found, and now we will see the end result of that failure.

The Shia in southern Iraq will pay the price. Whether Iran will intervene or not is the question. Baghdad will fall just as Saigon did. At least the Viet Cong didn't randomly execute civilians.

And do you actually believe the Iranians are not building nuclear weapons? Now just who do you think they will use them on? They would not go to the trouble and expense of developing these weapons without having a target in mind.

Here is some good news: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/10/w...ran-raises-questions-about-sabotage.html?_r=0

Remember this conversation when you see the mushroom cloud.

What gets me every time, why aren't the citizens standing up against the enemies of their own country? That is what we did, stood up against the British and kick their butt back to England when we wanted to be freed from the British stronghold.

At least those people CAN do it but expect foreign countries to bail out when they simply just can't go in front of the offending groups.

Yes, I agree, you simply can not win a war that has been ongoing for CENTURIES! It's their battle and they should keep on negotiating. Can't win them all. I think compromise is a lost art for today's world. Their theory is "my land, my rules and my way!"

Maddening! Religion and politicial....it goes hand in hand, and why try to change their views of religion, traditional life (even we don't like the sharia laws here but over there, it is "traditional") of their country and if they want democracy or freedom from such groups like ISIS, they HAVE that power to overcome it even lives will be lost and expensive to maintain troops.

Last edited:
The WMDs weren't found because they never existed. And I think there is proof Iran is developing nuclear weapons. But last I checked they were a sovereign nation. Who are we to tell them they can't have nuclear technology? They are developing weapons to defend themselves. Preemptive attack on Iran would be a foolish mistake. Like another poster said, you are very wrapped up with the doom and gloom when the reality is it's incredibly unlikely anything you say will happen.

The WMDs weren't found because they never existed. And I think there is proof Iran is developing nuclear weapons. But last I checked they were a sovereign nation. Who are we to tell them they can't have nuclear technology? They are developing weapons to defend themselves. Preemptive attack on Iran would be a foolish mistake. Like another poster said, you are very wrapped up with the doom and gloom when the reality is it's incredibly unlikely anything you say will happen.

Well they did sign a treaty to not develop nuclear weapons.

Fair point, hemet dennis. I did not know that. The treaty seems to have been signed a long time ago... 2002? I admit, I am not too familiar with this treaty as I just learned about it with a google search.. but. I still have a hard time understanding why anyone would be so scared to think that Iran was going to attack us. It makes little to no sense. I also suspect Iran doesn't care to honor any treaty they signed. Is that asinine? yes. Is that grounds for preemptive attack? no.

And rufus, yeah, I guess we will wait and see. A safe answer that will soon be forgotten. I really think you worry too much. Iranians, believe it or not, are not stupid. They have their problems, sure, but all things considered.. they are one of the more advanced nations in that region.

What gets me every time, why aren't the citizens standing up against the enemies of their own country? That is what we did, stood up against the British and kick their butt back to England when we wanted to be freed from the British stronghold.

The same could be said for the US, today...

There is little difference between a 'legitimized' government that has went rouge or is no longer serving the populous and a gorilla government...

Fair point, hemet dennis. I did not know that. The treaty seems to have been signed a long time ago... 2002? I admit, I am not too familiar with this treaty as I just learned about it with a google search.. but. I still have a hard time understanding why anyone would be so scared to think that Iran was going to attack us. It makes little to no sense. I also suspect Iran doesn't care to honor any treaty they signed. Is that asinine? yes. Is that grounds for preemptive attack? no.

And rufus, yeah, I guess we will wait and see. A safe answer that will soon be forgotten. I really think you worry too much. Iranians, believe it or not, are not stupid. They have their problems, sure, but all things considered.. they are one of the more advanced nations in that region.

Yes, but their government is led by some religious nuts that place religious dogma above logic. Hopefully, there are some in the military that can see the reality of the situation. Should a nation go to war over religious differences? That would be insane and disastrous.

As to the question of a preemptive attack, that would be almost impossible. Iraq was pretty much flat and easy to occupy. Iran on the other hand is a totally different case. It would be pretty much impossible to conquer due to the terrain. A fast aerial attack would not accomplish much. Everything is fortified and under ground.

This battle has to be fought and won in the minds of the people of Iran.

Back
Top Bottom