The unofficial 'official' BYC solar eclipse thread

I'm in New Mexico, maybe 60 or 70% zone? Mostly cloudy however. I was just able to view the moon's shadow coming down over the Sun, clouds have moved back in. It's gonna get pretty dark fast!

Last edited:
97% has come and past.
Chickens didn't notice much of anything. Light level was about what it is like on stormy day. Did get much colder as the sun was covered. No stars, but did manage to see a satellite for a few seconds.
Those getting a partial eclipse likely won't notice much at all.

Attachments

• DSCN0638.JPG
    DSCN0638.JPG
    846.8 KB · Views: 4
The clouds broke in the nick of time. Sun looked like a fingernail moon. My chickens didn't seem effected, however it got very quiet outside, didn't seem to stop my 75+ Hummingbirds from guzzling feed.

20170821_143155.jpg

We had light clouds the whole time. Light levels were significantly reduced, but the sun never appeared to be missing more than a chunk. DS managed to get a few shots by tweaking exposure levels on his phone. Best shot I got was this one; I've never seen a contrail cast a shadow before.

I was in the path of totality. It was uneventful. I didn't even bother to take a peek. I had just got to work about 10 minutes before it was due and hung out inside while everyone else headed out to see it. I got reports that clouds moved in and completely blocked it anyway.

I did think it was kind of creepy seeing it get completely dark during the middle of the day.

It was funny...sunny skies allllllll morning. But right as the eclipse got closer the clouds moved in. The guys at work said that during the eclipse the clouds covered it. About an hour after....sunny skies again!

Back
Top Bottom