The vent that Buff Hooligans forgot about!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Sep 30, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    DH wanted to take a nap since he has to work late tonight, so I joined.
    I was quickly run out of the bedroom by his extremely loud snoring. *Bad DH! Forgot to put his CPAP mask on!*

I come into the office where it's nice and quiet. [​IMG]

DP (dear puppy) joins me a few seconds later, lays down on my feet and promptly starts to snore louder than DH could ever snore!

There Buff! Now that's how/what to vent about! [​IMG]

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    No sleeping porch at your country estate?

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:There would be, if it weren't piled up with junk! Country estate, my left foot!
    We just finished jockeying vehicles around in the tight front yard, so DH could get his patrol car out. Can't park it outside the yard anymore cuz the cows licked it beyond belief and then ate his radio antenna! [​IMG]

4. Southernbelle

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:There would be, if it weren't piled up with junk! Country estate, my left foot!
    We just finished jockeying vehicles around in the tight front yard, so DH could get his patrol car out. Can't park it outside the yard anymore cuz the cows licked it beyond belief and then ate his radio antenna! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything or you would owe me another keyboard!

5. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I had NO idea that cows would lick a car, or eat a radio! That's AWESOME!

6. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    chickensducks&agoose :

Aw shucks! One of my horses ate the roof off my convertible a few years back. Got it replaced and she ate that one too. Didn't colic from it either. Instead she waited for some new grass and got sick on that!

Animals. Ya gotta love 'em!

[​IMG]

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    chickensducks&agoose :

Oh they lick any vehicle we leave out of the fenced yard. Smear the windows so bad it looks like they are frosted over. They lick our tractors non-stop. They lick the mailbox and sometimes (like today) they lick it so much that they raise the outgoing mail flag. Really ticks the mail carrier off when they do that, since it makes her stop for nothing if we don't have incoming mail.
    As DH says, if they can't stomp on it, eat it or lick it, they'll poop on it.
    DSD is still upset about the time she left her car out of the yard - we tried to warn her - and a cow backed up to it and pooped down the side of it! [​IMG]
    Cows! The only time I like them is when they're on my plate, next to the mashed taters. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  8. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:Oh they lick any vehicle we leave out of the fenced yard. Smear the windows so bad it looks like they are frosted over. They lick our tractors non-stop. They lick the mailbox and sometimes (like today) they lick it so much that they raise the outgoing mail flag. Really ticks the mail carrier off when they do that, since it makes her stop for nothing if we don't have incoming mail.
    DSD is still upset about the time she left her car out of the yard - we tried to warn her - and a cow backed up to it and pooped down the side of it! [​IMG]
    Cows! The only time I like them is when they're on my plate, next to the mashed taters. [​IMG]

when I retire grits, I am going to have 30-40 head of cows [​IMG] My fondest dream [​IMG]

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Oh they lick any vehicle we leave out of the fenced yard. Smear the windows so bad it looks like they are frosted over. They lick our tractors non-stop. They lick the mailbox and sometimes (like today) they lick it so much that they raise the outgoing mail flag. Really ticks the mail carrier off when they do that, since it makes her stop for nothing if we don't have incoming mail.

when I retire grits, I am going to have 30-40 head of cows [​IMG] My fondest dream [​IMG]

We have cows on this farm for two reasons. First, it saves us from having to bush hog the whole place. I tried to tell DH that alpacas would do just as good a job, but he won't believe me.
    Secondly, the lease money (they aren't our cows, we lease the pastures to a neighbor) comes in handy at the end of the year.
    ETA: You do know that the only creature dumber than a chicken is a cow dontcha? Maybe a turkey too.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  10. Southernbelle

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Too bad you can't send a bill to the neighbors for vehicle damage [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by