*The Verge of War* A Medieval Rp

Edwin jolted forward along with the carriage. He couldn't help but chuckle when Lariah stepped out, along with her demands. Hopefully she's forget about the subject and leave him be.
------
Katrina raised an eyebrow. "Well? Do what?"

(Uh huh.)

Edwin, sitting across from Lariah, smiled somewhat at her. He wasn't in the mood to be polite and comment on ladies' jeweled gowns. "Hello," he said bluntly.

Jane nodded. "The castle grounds are quite beautiful," she replied. "Do you have any family?" She asked, switching the subject abruptly.

The carriage took off with a lurch, throwing Mariah back slightly. "My dear," she said to Audric. "I do hope Peter acknowledged what I told him. More than acknowledged, I hope he actually intends to obey!"
-----
Redd went back to his room to make sure everything was set to take place at the right times. If his calculations and stalking had been any good, Alena should be going to the prince's room to tidy up within a half hour or so.

Katrina glanced nervously around the fancy room. She was very rarely sent here to do anything, but she knew perfectly well what it was and who it belonged to. "What clothes?" She asked Alfric, confused.

Peter shrugged. "I suppose I do. I haven't heard from them in a long time."

Alena finished stitching on the last buttons, and held up the jacket. It would fit Edwin perfectly, as all the others had. She silently wondered what Edwin was doing at that moment. Was he dancing with some pretty little maiden he found by the punch bowl. Or maybe he walking with her through the estate yards. Alena shook the thought from her head. Edwin isn't like that. Even if he was, it shouldn't matter to her. She sighed and took the jacket up to his room. She had some tidying up to do anyway.

"No one? How dreadfully sad," Jane said. "Then is there perhaps some lucky woman who is betrothed to you?" She chuckled.

Redd, with the vial in one hand and his trusty dagger in the other, crept up the back stairwell. He had changed into a darker outfit and now wore a dark hood over his face. It wouldn't do for her to see him. He stopped outside the prince's room, listening for any movement inside. None. Perhaps she hadn't come up yet, or maybe he had missed her. Either way, he needed to get the poison into something she would drink.

Alfric rolls his eyes.
"Can you.. Just, show me where I can find my clothes. It's very important."
He inhales sharply and touches his forehead, his fingers are covered in blood. Furrowing his brow he wipes the side of his face with his sleeve.
"Listen, I really don't have much time." He states, looking her in the eyes. "Please?"

Alfric stares at her for a moment. She really doesn't know.. How could she not know? She's a maid, they're supposed to know this stuff. He steps towards her and raises his brow.
"You know.. one of the other knights got ill. His costume will still be around too. He was pretty small..."
She must get bored here, waiting after everyone else. Who doesn't like a little adventure..?
Alfric shrugs and turns away again.
"Don't you want to.. know what it's like outside these walls?"

Katrina frowned. "I know what it's like, outside," she snapped. She knew she wasn't being particularly sweet right now, but this guy was up to something that she wanted nothing to do with. She inched her way towards the door. The head laundress would be so mad by now.

Alfric flinches slightly and draws back towards the door. She can't leave, but he doesn't know what he'll do if she tries to.
"But a ball.. You've never been to one of those have you?"

Alfric flinches slightly and draws back towards the door. She can't leave, but he doesn't know what he'll do if she tries to.
"But a ball.. You've never been to one of those have you?"
"I've served at a ball," Katrina replied. It obviously wasn't the same as attending a ball, but it was probably more than this boy had ever done.

Back
Top Bottom