*The Verge of War* A Medieval Rp

"Served. Exactly.. Don't you want to see what they really do?" Alfric feels a little more comfortable now, though he is still on edge. If he could just get her to agree to come with him she could help him. And how could he get in trouble with her as a distraction?

"Served. Exactly.. Don't you want to see what they really do?" Alfric feels a little more comfortable now, though he is still on edge. If he could just get her to agree to come with him she could help him. And how could he get in trouble with her as a distraction?
Katrina rolled her eyes. "Fine," she relented. "I'll get you into whatever room you want, then I'm leaving and I don't ever want to see your face again." She pushed past him and grasped the door knob.
------
Redd stood with his back against the wall, flipping the vial in his hand. How do I get her to ingest it, he wondered.

Alfric falls back against the wall, quickly reaching out to grab her wrist.
"Wait." He shushes.
The room is silent, but somewhere downstairs he can hear chatting. It's too late to turn back now. But what if she calls for help, or runs away?

Alfric falls back against the wall, quickly reaching out to grab her wrist.
"Wait." He shushes.
The room is silent, but somewhere downstairs he can hear chatting. It's too late to turn back now. But what if she calls for help, or runs away?
"What?" Katrina demanded. "It's fine, everyone here knows me, and it won't be odd for me to go anywhere." She yanked her hand out of his grasp and opened the door.

Alfric holds the back of his neck with his hands and cautiously follows her out the door. The hallway is empty, clean and bright. A large mirror hangs on the wall to the side of him. He glances at it and drops his head, quickly averting his gaze. He tilts towards the stairs; The distant sound of conversation rising up them. He takes a deep breath and tries to steady his nerves.

Last edited:
Katrina didn't bother to see if he followed. She picked up the basket she had set down earlier and proceeded down the hall. If the laundress caught her, at least she would appear to be working with the basket.

"No one? How dreadfully sad," Jane said. "Then is there perhaps some lucky woman who is betrothed to you?" She chuckled.

Redd, with the vial in one hand and his trusty dagger in the other, crept up the back stairwell. He had changed into a darker outfit and now wore a dark hood over his face. It wouldn't do for her to see him. He stopped outside the prince's room, listening for any movement inside. None. Perhaps she hadn't come up yet, or maybe he had missed her. Either way, he needed to get the poison into something she would drink.

Peter blushed a red color. "No. Though I think the queen would prefer it." Obviously he couldn't mention Linnet.

Alena walked silently down the hallway, and opened Edwin's door. She quickly put away his jacket, and began remaking his bed.

Peter blushed a red color. "No. Though I think the queen would prefer it." Obviously he couldn't mention Linnet.

Alena walked silently down the hallway, and opened Edwin's door. She quickly put away his jacket, and began remaking his bed.
Jane simply nodded. There wasn't much else to go on conversation-wise from here, so she turned her attention to the window.
------
Redd slipped the note under the door then hurried down the hall. Now, for the girl to play her part, which he was sure she would. It had her name written quite elegantly across.

(carriages reach Edmunds estate?)

Alena heard a scraping sound, and spun around. She quickly scanned the room. She didnt see anything unusual. She went back to her work. Out of the corner of her eye, Alena saw something out of place. Upon further inspection, she discovered it to be a letter...addressed to her?

(carriages reach Edmunds estate?)

Alena heard a scraping sound, and spun around. She quickly scanned the room. She didnt see anything unusual. She went back to her work. Out of the corner of her eye, Alena saw something out of place. Upon further inspection, she discovered it to be a letter...addressed to her?
(Alnwick carriage can. I'm waiting on Casper for Edwin and Lariah's carriage, but the others could continue. )

Redd sat, hidden in the shadows, on the staircase. This had better work. If he didn't, he would need to quickly revert to plan B.
-----
Linnet took a deep breath as the carriage pulled to a stop. The bumpiness of the ride had left her feeling sickly. She looked across at Gwen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom