*The Verge of War* A Medieval Rp

"How long ago was that?" Gavin asked "Nevermind, you dont have to answer that. I wouldn't want to" He pulled himself up onto a ledge in the cave. He offered a hand to Katrina "This is my ledge" He explained "I come here whenever things get tough, it's quiet and...well...kinda stinky" He sniffed the air "but, i still like it"
----
Adrienne galloped up to the castle and handed her pony over to a stable boy. She ran up the stairs and flung the door open, looking back to make sure Richard was coming.

Mariah smiled, pleased. "I need you to deal with Alena, the maid here at Edinburgh castle.
---
Linnet smiled. "Yes?"
---
Edwin stared at his father.
---
Katrina thought hard of what to say. She figured the truth here wouldn't hurt. "My mother was a midwife, my father a farmer who owned a small plot of land. They're both dead now."
---
Richard rolled his eyes. He followed reluctantly.

Peter sighed. "Linnet. Edwin may not be able to marry the one he lives, but I can. I love you Linnet."

Last edited:
Katrina climbed up beside Gavin. "No, it's fine, I'll tell you. I was 4 when my father died. He was caught poaching on the king's property. And ye know what happens to poachers. As for me ma and I, we were taken to live at the castle. If it weren't for me ma bein' the midwife, we woulda starved. I was only allowed to stay at the castle on account I become indentured to it till I twas 16. Me ma died with the plaque when I was 11." She paused to catch her breath. "Then I turned 16, and me aunt took me in."
---
Richard dismounted and followed, not that he cared.
---
Mariah gasped. "Well, maybe not quite so violent. I was thinking something more subtle, like poison. And you must not, under any circumstance, let anyone know I am the one behind this. You hear? Or you will be hanged," she finished bluntly.

Edwin stood to leave. "And do you love her now?" He asked his father.
---
Linnet grinned. "That's nice. Because I love you too," she replied sweetly.

Last edited:
"So you lived at the castle?" Gavin asked "That's cool. Sorry about your parents, it's hard..." He trailed off "At least you remember" He said distantly
--
"Gwen!" Adrienne yelled.

Mariah gasped. "Well, maybe not quite so violent. I was thinking something more subtle, like poison. And you must not, under any circumstance, let anyone know I am the one behind this. You hear? Or you will be hanged," she finished bluntly.
"I understand," he replied, looking more serious as be thought about how he'd pull this off. He was used to blood poisoning, not food poisoning. Maybe he could get her scraped by something? Make it look like an accident?"

"So you lived at the castle?" Gavin asked "That's cool. Sorry about your parents, it's hard..." He trailed off "At least you remember" He said distantly
--
"Gwen!" Adrienne yelled.
Katrina nodded. She was worried she had said too much. At least she hardly lied about the last sentence. "Yep, I 'member them. Thankfully my ma taught me a lot about the plants and wildcrafting and such, so I av that to remember her by."
(Gavin has the worst medieval grammar ever, with words like cool and awesome, lol!)
:)gig when reading Katrina's posts, read them in an almost Irish accent, not southerner :lau )

Back
Top Bottom