The Waiting is the Hardest Part...

This thread may help you with your LG. Lots of good info. If you can hatch in an LG you can hatch in about anything. This thread may help you some with your LG.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/little-giant-incubator-tricks.601352/
Thank you! I actually have some younger eggs baking in the LG at the moment but I plan to transfer them to my Brinsea Mini once these three are out. I am new to this and decided to go with the more dependable/easier bator but it’s been a great asset with my staggered egg situation.

It’s interesting that my number 2 egg is pipping first. That one is only one day younger than the oldest, at Day 19 right now but I guess it’s all unpredictable and amazing and awesome. I feel like I have a front row seat to the miracle of Mother Nature.

It’s interesting that my number 2 egg is pipping first. That one is only one day younger than the oldest, at Day 19 right now but I guess it’s all unpredictable and amazing and awesome. I feel like I have a front row seat to the miracle of Mother Nature.
Sometimes that's the way it goes. Some chicks take longer to hatch than others. To me every hatch is like Christmas. I hatch out a lot of chicks each year and it's always wonderful...

Here is a chick I thought was a quitter. I mark all of my eggs. Eggs I think are quitters are marked with an X.
IMG_20160415_132549.jpg

Hahaha!
What humidity do you set your incubator to during lockdown?
I was shooting for 55% during lockdown after internal pip, but it was hard to maintain that high. During incubation it was usually around 35-45%. With the next hatch it was ducks so I tried to keep it higher but didn’t really succeed at that. With both all the eggs that made it to lockdown hatched, so I figured that was a happy ending. :)

Back
Top Bottom