The Walking Dead - Lucille says that there will be Spoilers. Listen to Lucille!!

Pics
Indeed, it started out with just survival, and the survivors have mastered that for the most part by now. But it follows that when society breaks down, the niceties that bind us to certain conduct expected of a functional group will go with it until order is established. One could go so far as to equate Hannibal, the conquerer who managed to sack Rome, with antagonist negan possessing many similar characteristics. Hannibal kept his soldiers on the March for a twenty year campaign, and was a tactical genius. He was respected, loved, and feared by his troops. He was also increadibly cruel when it came to punishing bad conduct among his own men, and it's one of the things he is still remembered for.
What happens when the rules of conduct are peeled away from the elements of society who, underneath, are already cruel and heartless? Those who, within our society, function as expected because it is expected, but without any rules, rise to the top as the heartless conquerers?
Before great nations, humans have always been petty and cruel to each other. Tribes would often wipe out other tribes, killing all the men who couldn't be made slaves and taking the women for wives.
Natural human behavior is full of drama.

Wow such an intelligent answer! Nd very English professor y aha I loved it though

Wow such an intelligent answer! Nd very English professor y aha I loved it though
Lol I had just finished taking a lecture series on Machiavelli. That man sure understood human nature and politics. There was a lot of discussion on the organic evolution of republics, of how a successful government functions and why, and how successful monarchies can organically grow into republics. He also discussed how governments fail and why. Dry reading but fastinating subject matter, considering it was written 500 years ago.

We do lectures on tape for long travel trips.
My family is wierd.

Lol I had just finished taking a lecture series on Machiavelli. That man sure understood human nature and politics. There was a lot of discussion on the organic evolution of republics, of how a successful government functions and why, and how successful monarchies can organically grow into republics. He also discussed how governments fail and why. Dry reading but fastinating subject matter, considering it was written 500 years ago.

We do lectures on tape for long travel trips.
My family is wierd.

Wow, that's interesting!

Facebook-Via-The-Walking-Dead-Memes-398941.png

I don't know. Tbh I think this whole war thing is kind of boring and they are dragging it on WAY longer than they need to, like they had SO many chances to kill Negan, BUT I do think it will get better after the war with new leadership and everything and will be more exciting and I don't think you guys should completely cancel the show just yet! And I don't think it's necessarily lazy cause they could have just killed Negan in one episode. But I think they are trying to drag it on and build suspense but are WAY over thinking it and now it is just getting annoying

Back
Top Bottom