The Walking Dead - Lucille says that there will be Spoilers. Listen to Lucille!!

Pics
These were great @N F C !

I needed something to lively my day! Got my first chicks today (27 of 'em!)! One is stargazing, however, and I have spent the day with her next to my desk trying to help her. Not sure she will make it.

These were great @N F C !

I needed something to lively my day! Got my first chicks today (27 of 'em!)! One is stargazing, however, and I have spent the day with her next to my desk trying to help her. Not sure she will make it.

27 new little chicks, that's awesome! Sorry about the one, sometimes we lose them no matter what.

What breeds did you get? Any pictures yet? (After all, you've had them allllll day.)

27 new little chicks, that's awesome! Sorry about the one, sometimes we lose them no matter what.

What breeds did you get? Any pictures yet? (After all, you've had them allllll day.)
Yeah, I can't imagine this 'stargazing' chick making it. We've done what we can (separated her in a box with food, water, heat) and tried to comfort her. I didn't actually expect all the chicks to make it in the mail alive, so when 26 / 27 spent the day eating, drinking, and running around like champs, I was genuinely surprised.

In terms of breeds, we got Blue Andalusians (3), Delawares (2), Dominiques (2), White Capped Black Polish (2), Buff Laced Polish (2), Salmon Faverolles (3), Rhode Islands Red (5), Buff Orpingtons (4), and Silver Laced Wyandottes (4). The stargazer is a Silver Laced Wyandotte, but her three sisters are completely fine. All females, though there could always be a surprise. I will work on better pics tomorrow. I spent a lot of the day it seems trying to care for the little stargazer. Fortunately, I am allowed to work from home and I set the brooder up outside my office door just so I could spend days like today!
wee.gif

Wow I can't believe I just found this thread!! I usually just go to my regulars about my turkeys and various chicken breeds. This is awesome!! I have been a die hard fan since the beginning and absolutely LOVE where the story is heading. I have to say the walker car-clothesline Rick and Michone did was one of the most amazing scenes I've ever seen. The cgi and cinematography was incredible. Can't believe they hadn't built one of those before. New episode tonight and I'm ready to see this war get started!!
That was an awesome way to take down a herd. Heck, if you could set it up right, you could regularly take out a herd like that. Big steel cable between two large trucks, dump trucks would be ideal for just added momentum and force behind that cable, and then just set up a funnel that would line them up nicely on a nice straight stretch of road, say like an interstate if you can clear it. Maybe get some straw bales to line up the ditches a little more just to keep them in the median. Then maybe some gates that would control access to the run.

That and I still say that they should have done something else for the walkers in the gravel pit. Either just set up another road block to keep them in there, knock them back into the pit, or my personal favorite, having a big honking field tractor on a stretch of road and have it run over the herd.

I agree the cgi deer was kinda sad considering how amazing the other effects are. I live in a very rural area of Missouri and it's hard to believe if we were in a zombie apocalypse there wouldn't be thousands of cows, horse, chickens and all other livestock running around loose. Guess by the length of time the show has been in apocalypse many animals would probably already been caught and eaten by people. I just get stuck on the lack of wildlife. Rick and michone were completely thrilled to see a deer. Obviously not a common occurrence for them. The only places I've really seen animals is the kingdom and a few at hilltop. But I suppose like someone said earlier they have a lot of other details and special effects to worry about and a thing like putting animals in the forests or dogs and cats running around town are not top on the list. Anyway I am very excited to see how the Eugene story plays out. He can't be a traitor. I think he is just gathering intel and playing along till the right time. Also think Dwight will turn when that time comes.

I agree the cgi deer was kinda sad considering how amazing the other effects are. I live in a very rural area of Missouri and it's hard to believe if we were in a zombie apocalypse there wouldn't be thousands of cows, horse, chickens and all other livestock running around loose. Guess by the length of time the show has been in apocalypse many animals would probably already been caught and eaten by people. I just get stuck on the lack of wildlife. Rick and michone were completely thrilled to see a deer. Obviously not a common occurrence for them. The only places I've really seen animals is the kingdom and a few at hilltop. But I suppose like someone said earlier they have a lot of other details and special effects to worry about and a thing like putting animals in the forests or dogs and cats running around town are not top on the list. Anyway I am very excited to see how the Eugene story plays out. He can't be a traitor. I think he is just gathering intel and playing along till the right time. Also think Dwight will turn when that time comes.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Eugene story turns out too. He's a coward but I just can't see him being a traitor.

Looking forward to this coming week's episode (but then I say that every week, lol).

Back
Top Bottom