The Wally-Gee Bee Journey šŸ

I would think somebody would have thought about splits. Our tallest was around 5', all deeps. Having got up in years I now run 2 deeps with medium deeps for honey. I can still do my walk away splits in the spring. I don't want to get involved in a yard full of hives so I do nucs for local hobby keepers. The most I run now is 3 down from the 15-20 pollinating hives we had back in the '80s. 40-45 lb mediums are a lot easier to handle than a 90-95 lb deep when they start getting stacked.

I won't get honey this year, being the first year of the hive. But I sure am glad we have mediums for honey. And 8 frame boxes.
I am curious about 8 frame boxes as the bees like to work up. Makes sense to keep them more confined and tighter for over wintering. Getting ready to start milling some medium deeps so I should do some 8 frame also. Make use of the drawn frames I have sealed and stored from wax moths.

Ok bee friends. I just found 2 carpenter bee tunnels in my run fence. Sawdust substance underneath them. Ideas on how to remove them? I donā€™t want to harm the chickens. I prefer not to harm the carpenter bees either, but they did some damage to the front of my house a few years ago so I really donā€™t want them around.

Ok bee friends. I just found 2 carpenter bee tunnels in my run fence. Sawdust substance underneath them. Ideas on how to remove them? I donā€™t want to harm the chickens. I prefer not to harm the carpenter bees either, but they did some damage to the front of my house a few years ago so I really donā€™t want them around.
Carpenter bees are just destructive pests. I made up 2 traps last spring and glad I did. Filled half way last year and this year is a banner year with them filling to the top. Emptied once and still getting more. Carpenter Bee Badminton is still a back porch favorite.

Tsc sells traps for them

Back
Top Bottom