The water main broke! Flooded, and no running water for a week! :O

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pet Duck Boy, May 17, 2010.

1. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Songster

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I woke up this morning to frantic yelling and the sound of gushing water at 7:30 AM, almost like one of my neighbors installed a huge fountain in his yard overnight. I get dressed quickly and went outside, my parents were already there and my mom was freaking out because she couldn't take a shower to go to work. (Women [​IMG]) I ask them what the heck this was all about and my dad says the 30 year old water main finally gave in, he pointed to the road. 40 feet from my house I see a fountain in the middle of the road....wait, a fountian? In the road? No, the water main broke and the pressure of the water building underneath caused the road to crack, crumble, and rise. Unfortunatly the "fountain" was right infront of one of my nieghbors' house....and their house and driveway are maybe 3 feet lower than the road. Of course there was already 3 feet of water in their driveway and yard. 5 people from my neighborhood went in to help blockade the gushing water with sand bags and use buckets to carry the water outside of the flooded driveway. My house is on on a hill so we weren't affected. My dad helped by calling the police. Luckily the police got someone to turn the water off, but water still leaked from the pipe anyways....but at least it wasn't a fountain anymore! Now they have to drill the road open, carry the destroyed asfault away, replace the pipe, and fix the road....which they said will take up to 5-7 days! [​IMG] My duck is mad right now....

Pictures after they turned the water off. It's worse than it looks. They drained most of the water out of my neighbors driveway. Refresh if the pics are too big.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    Wow! What a way to start the new week!

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Oh my goodness! [​IMG]

At our old house, the city was working on the water for some reason and we were without water for a while. It was a pain! I used to drive to the gym to take showers and we'd have to fill up water containers at friends' houses.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by