The weirdest thing just happened

Quote:
But if a chicken poops on your back in the woods and you aren't aware that it is there, does it exist?
lol.png

Quote:
Based upon that premise, I am worthy of a combined study conducted by National Geographic and Prevention magazines, with a feature article in Not-So-Good Housekeeping. Because I I must be incredibly interesting!
big_smile.png

Grits, cool on the hummers, the flying jewels!

Quote:
Until recently DSD #2 had a small car. Turns out you have to actually make payments on a car to keep it, but anyhow....

Y'all know how notoriously lazy she is, right? She came up to the farm one afternoon, right after she bought the car and parked it outside the yard fence. DH told her she best put it in the yard, especially since she was planning on spending the night. Did she listen? Of course not.

Next morning - cow poo, and not just any cow poo but the GGS, from the roof line all the way down one side of the car.
gig.gif

Quote:
Until recently DSD #2 had a small car. Turns out you have to actually make payments on a car to keep it, but anyhow....

Y'all know how notoriously lazy she is, right? She came up to the farm one afternoon, right after she bought the car and parked it outside the yard fence. DH told her she best put it in the yard, especially since she was planning on spending the night. Did she listen? Of course not.

Next morning - cow poo, and not just any cow poo but the GGS, from the roof line all the way down one side of the car.
gig.gif

Maybe she should have paid the cows.
hide.gif

Quote:
I had a hummingbird bonk me on the head. We have lights strung all around our lake property, and the hummingbirds down there like to come try to eat out of them in the morning. I loved going out to watch them, and had several near misses and one not miss. So I haven't had one land on me ever, but I have had one whack my head.
lol.png

Here they get so busy fighting, they will fly into things....including me and DH.

They are so amazing.
love.gif

That is awesome. When I'm trying to hang mine back up all my hummers do is fly bys. One day I think they will actually dive bomb me.

Catching up this morning, I am reminded of the fixer-upper house I lived in in Austin, many years ago. It has slipped on the foundation and there was a gap at the wall/floor on one side, apparently of great interest to the local wildlife. The BF of the time and I pretty much lived at the kitchen table while we slowly worked on the house. One afternoon I was sitting in the kitchen, catching up on the reading, Tom was taking a nap in the bedroom down the hall.

From the living room, which wasn't liveable yet, in ambled a teen opossum. Oooooookay. Hmmm.... it wandered about sniffing all those good kitchen smells, came over, climbed my leg, looked around all over me. I was more bemused than anything, but did start thinking OK buddy, you probably need to leave now.

I started softly and sweetly calling Tom, to wake him up. Toooommmm.... oh Tommmmm..... hello Tommmmm.... I hear him start harumphing a bit. He finally says WHAT? Softly and quietly I sing-song there's a possum in the kitchennnnnn deeeeearrrrr, it's on my laaaaappppp............. dead silence. Thump.

We did finally get the possum out the back door, but it was comical - big guy with a broom, trying to shoo a little possum out the door. I would have helped him, but I was busy giggling my butt off!
lau.gif

that's so cool! i had a little chipmunk jump onto my hand yesterday... i didn't even have food. my cat was chasing it and i guess it though my arm was the best place to hide. the same thing happened the day before. i think it was even the same chipmunk, only it jumped onto my foot instead of my arm. smart lil guy... my supposed barn cat is scared of the chickens and won't chase mice, rats, squirrels or anything of that nature. no, she goes for the moles, chipmunks, garder snakes, and frogs which don't even need chasing because i don't mind having them around
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom