The Well Composed Chicken -- Small prize offered!

Pics

Nambroth

Fud Lady
8 Years
Apr 7, 2011
Western NY
My Coop
My Coop
I thought this might be fun!

There will be a first, second, and third prize winner.
First prize: I will mail you a postcard with one of the chickens from the Derperella Gang to you, and put a little sketch on the back of the chicken you submit!
Second and third: I will send you a digital sketch of your chicken!

Prize delivery: Within two weeks of contest closing, unless an emergency arises.

Theme: Well Composed Chickens... I'm looking for chicken photos that are in some way 'well composed'. Snapshots are okay, but the photos that have good composition and are interesting to look at will do better than "Random Rooster standing on the ground".
You don't need to pose your chickens... capture them doing what they do best.. being chickens! Things to think about: the angle of your photo, the personality or behavior shown by the chicken, the colors, lighting, focus, and background!

Rules:
1) One photo entry per member! Please only post one photo. If you post more than one photo you'll be disqualified! This makes it easier for me to judge and more fair to everyone.
2) Enter your best photo that fits within the theme! You don't have to take a new photo but you can if you'd like.
3) The photo MUST be one that you personally took! You cannot enter photos that someone else took, even if they gave you permission. I want to see how YOU compose your photo! :)
4) While this centers on chickens (any breed!), you may enter other fowl as well. Backyard birds only, please (ducks, guinea fowl, peafowl, geese, quail, pheasants, chickens). It's okay if there are other animals in the photo as long as the main subject is backyard fowl.
5) Your photo must not show any unsafe situation, birds under distress, etc.
6) Please, no editing of the image beyond cropping or resizing. No added effects or silly text, etc. Copyright info is okay.
7) You must be a member of BYC and must post your entry in response to this thread.
8) Optional: We'd love to know what breed and any fun information about your bird that you post! :)
9) By entering, you are granting me permission to sketch your bird (in case you win!). All rights remain with the photographer.

Deadline: All entries must be made by October 26th, 2013. Winners will be picked within a week of the 26th!

Last edited:
Does my neighbor's two-headed guinea count?:lol:

Back
Top Bottom