The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Quote:
Haha! Yeah, well I love Wellies and I think that I want to try breeding them also
smile.png

Have any of you ordered much from Meyer Hatchery online?

MEYER HATCHERY LINE: Any big hatchery, I would consider a "HATCHERY" line! Egg color is never as good, not as good of confirmation, etc.

I personally do not order birds from people who raise TONS OF BREEDS. Not as much focus on the certain breeds. I fell that I get a better bird from a person that focuses on less than 10 breeds of chickens, preferrably 5. Then you are more apt to get the best of the best.

Hatchery welsummers are in the 3-4 dollar range. Most BREEDERS sell theirs for $5 each. Right now i am running a special for $4.50 each, which is very reasonable for quality welsummers.

Nate

Quote:
Haha! Yeah, well I love Wellies and I think that I want to try breeding them also
smile.png

MEYER HATCHERY LINE: Any big hatchery, I would consider a "HATCHERY" line! Egg color is never as good, not as good of confirmation, etc.

I personally do not order birds from people who raise TONS OF BREEDS. Not as much focus on the certain breeds. I fell that I get a better bird from a person that focuses on less than 10 breeds of chickens, preferrably 5. Then you are more apt to get the best of the best.

Hatchery welsummers are in the 3-4 dollar range. Most BREEDERS sell theirs for $5 each. Right now i am running a special for $4.50 each, which is very reasonable for quality welsummers.

Nate

thumbsup.gif

Ewesheep - Thanks
smile.png
I'll keep you guys updated, too on what turns out! I hope they all arrive okay, and allive
roll.png

Quote:
smile.png

Nate

Better get them while they are HOT, folks!
D.gif

Quote:
That was just my bantams(raised about 100). I raised about 75 LF welsummers as well.

Culling is the only way of getting ahead, and trying to achieve that "PERFECT BIRD!"

Quote:

Nate

Better get them while they are HOT, folks!
D.gif

I think I am now booked out into april already for chicks - planning on hatching in march(weather dependant). Price goes up March 1 to $5.00 each again($4.75 is paying with check or MO)

Nate

Quote:
smile.png

Nate

Hatchery birds are great if you are looking for eggs, or just hatch chicks for yourself. If you are going to be into showing or breeding high quality birds, it would take YEARS, to get there, if ever to produce a SQ bird out of some hatchery birds!

Nate

Quote:
Now if you were just closer.

I do ship, but minimum of 15 chicks per order. I sel a bunch locally, but shipped orderes take priority over pick up orders. Pick up orders get the chicks that hatch after I ship. If I set 80 eggs, I plan on shipping about 1/2 - 3/4 of them that hatch and get shipped out as soon as they are dried off. I also ship with GroGel +.

Nate

Back
Top Bottom