The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Sharing my young roo at 15 weeks of age he thinks he is all that and a bowl of meal worms. He struts up like this every so often to let out a crow or to just show off lol. He was a gift to my Dear Hubby who has more than tolerated….he has joined in my chicken craze to tend them while I am away at work. He is still working on his crow, he sounds a bit like a teen age boys changing voice.
My younger chickens don't sound good when they crow either.
lol.png
He is very handsome.

Sharing my young roo at 15 weeks of age he thinks he is all that and a bowl of meal worms. He struts up like this every so often to let out a crow or to just show off lol. He was a gift to my Dear Hubby who has more than tolerated….he has joined in my chicken craze to tend them while I am away at work. He is still working on his crow, he sounds a bit like a teen age boys changing voice.
"All that and a bowl of meal worms" HA! Love that!

such a cute little guy. I love roosters at awkward teenager phase. When we went to the state fair a couple weeks ago there were lots of bantam roosters. Some of them have the silliest little crackly high pitched crows. I was laughing like the entire time.

Thanks for all the compliment. Yup he's our 4:15am alarm…our 615-6:30am alarm…our hello the sun came up and I'm out of the coop alarm…our look what I can do alarm…our just for the heck of it alarm and of course our Hi Mama welcome back from work alarm. I warned my sweet sweet Hubby when he kept saying how much we needed to get one etc, guess he was not listening…he listens now…at 4:15am…6:15-6:30am…etc…etc..etc…hehehehe.

Last edited:
I'm back with my definite roos, but are they Welsummers? I bought them as pullets... One has broken one of his toes and I have gotten attached to him and he is a sweetie. The other is beginning to get aggressive and has to find a new home or go into the stew pot.
very pretty, hope u can find him a home... I have 4 hens and no rooster sadly.

very pretty and beautiful.

Does anyone in Florida have eggs or a nice rooster for sale? Actually, I would like whatever anyone has of non-hatchery or SQ stock. Through the magic of hatching, I only have one Wellie hen, and I need a rooster and a few more hens to make a flock... plus a backup rooster would be great! Would love, love, love your help!!

I will be happy to p/u or meet you...and would prefer stock from a closed flock. SO much respiratory stuff going around, and I've learned the hard way what going to swaps can do to a flock... :/

Thank you!

Dana
Apopka, FL

Back
Top Bottom