The Welsummer Thread!!!!

I flew in judged and left at 4 am this morning to get home a couple hours ago. No time to take pictures. But Piet here on BYC
Is the owner of this awesome bird. This was a bird that caught the eye of not only the two judges but also other judges just observing

I flew in judged and left at 4 am this morning to get home a couple hours ago. No time to take pictures. But Piet here on BYC
Is the owner of this awesome bird. This was a bird that caught the eye of not only the two judges but also other judges just observing
He just posted a photo in the Welsummer facebook group. What a gorgeous Rooster!! Thanks for sharing!!

Hope you get some rest soon Mr. Leonard!

Last edited:
Bjorn has loads more experience than me. I agree with his assessment for the most part. The 2nd pullet in the picture isn't as nicely balanced as the 1st. More of her body is too far forward. Of course, it could be the angle of her standing in the picture.
The second pic I don't know...but her chest to lower torso or body looks like someone took a string or a belt and tried to split her into two instead of a nice rounded chest to pelvic area. I agree with Bjorn's comments. And a bit of cushion as well (problematic in some lines!). Wait a while and take another picture as they finished filling out.

Thank you for the great remarks. I gave the cockerel an apple when we got home. Early next spring I promised him a hen:)
This is a photo of him last weekend. Piet

What do you all think of my Wellie Pepper? I need to get better pic, she wasn't standing still

Poor chickens... they aren't exactly the smartest of all the animals!  :p  At least you have a sweet hen! :) 

Thanks my roo is constantly keeping an eye on her since she can fly we've found her trying to roost in a hundred yr old plus tree on the property. Its ridiculously tall and roo was like oh no girl get down here lol.

Back
Top Bottom