The Welsummer Thread!!!!

I put a golf ball in the nesting box. That got my girls laying in the right place.
thanks..i should have figured that out ..
idunno.gif
..maybe i should just put that rock in the nest box..lol i have some colored plastic eggs..i wonder if they would work ..or i'll just ask my kid for some gulf balls..thanks again..

Hi everyone! Haven't been on here in a while just wanted to say a big HELLO!
frow.gif

How's everyone's flocks laying? My Wellies are starting to molt so I expect a BIG slow down soon. My Marans are already in a heavy molt now and just about the only ones laying are few young pullets.

Last edited:
my wellies are 21 weeks and i have one of 6 laying very small eggs ..atleast i think its just one ..i've gotten about 8 eggs in the last 2 weeks.

most production birds tho, start right around 20 weeks ..

Many heritage breeds (like Welsummers) take closer to 30 weeks to start laying. It depends on the stock.

Hi everyone! Haven't been on here in a while just wanted to say a big HELLO!
frow.gif

How's everyone's flocks laying? My Wellies are starting to molt so I expect a BIG slow down soon. My Marans are already in a heavy molt now and just about the only ones laying are few you pullets.

mine are molting like crazy too!

Wilma and Woody at 6 mo...Wilma's been laying for about 3-4 weeks and Woody's getting some new tail feathers the last couple weeks.

Back
Top Bottom