The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Thank you, Microchick! She's just so much more mahogany than the others and doesn't have the same barring on her wings. I bet after they've had their first moult, I won't be able to tell her from the others.
263a.png

Thoughts on the sex of #3 on the roost there (front to back)? I was thinking roo like the ther two boys there with it because it has brown/black chest feathers but has the yellowish on the neck? Tail feathers are longer than the other boys and the comb is lighter.

Last edited:
Thoughts on the sex of #3 on the roost there (front to back)? I was thinking roo like the ther two boys there with it because it has brown/black chest feathers but has the yellowish on the neck? Tail feathers are longer than the other boys and the comb is lighter.

2 in front looks to be males, 1 in back looks to be female ..just by comb color.
Unless pic is really off in color her breast should be more salmon colored if it's Wellie.

2 in front looks to be males, 1 in back looks to be female ..just by comb color.
Unless pic is really off in color her breast should be more salmon colored if it's Wellie.

The coloring is weird in the pic yeah. Her breast is darker than the other girls though, I will try to get a better pic tomorrow :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom