The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Pics
A welsummer rooster was the model for Kelloggs Corn flakes advertising campaign. I don't think you can find a better breed. While not a friendly bird, they are docile, easy keepers. They are the only large fowl breed that I keep any roosters from. I separate my welsummers in the spring so that I can breed true. I also like the fact that I can sex them at hatch with pretty reasonable accuracy.

Quote:
Games, I couldn't help but notice that there is an awful lot of white showing in your cockerels wattles - especially the one - and that is a definite no-no if it's always been there. It might also be a sign of a serious illness going on. Thought you might like to know, if you didn't already, so you could check it out. There is also some white in the left cockerels shoulder area but I can't tell if that's just from a flash or not.

Other than those, I was particularly impressed with their leg color and hackles.

God Bless,

Just for giggles I am posting this photo so that you all can see just how big "Odin" really is. If you look real hard you will see "Ve" Odins brother standing behind him.
11170_imgp4822.jpg

Here's one of Odin on the right and Ve on the left. Big boy isn't he?
11170_imgp4821.jpg

11170_imgp4805.jpg

*edited because I forgot
tongue.png
* These guys are just turning 5 mos. old.

Last edited:
Quote:
Games, I couldn't help but notice that there is an awful lot of white showing in your cockerels wattles - especially the one - and that is a definite no-no if it's always been there. It might also be a sign of a serious illness going on. Thought you might like to know, if you didn't already, so you could check it out. There is also some white in the left cockerels shoulder area but I can't tell if that's just from a flash or not.

Other than those, I was particularly impressed with their leg color and hackles.

God Bless,

I went and checked them out and it is the dust from either their food or the bedding.

PinkChick: I froze my butt off trying to get some pics of your girls but they just won't cooperate.
barnie.gif

Tailfeathers: I figured out how to get the brown to wash off, use liberal amounts of chicken poop and it dissolves "the paint".
wink.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Len its all good! Thanks for trying, one day they will cooperate. Just curious how they grow up. They are laying right? How is egg color?
Nice boys you have there btw.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom