The Welsummer Thread!!!!

you can add your copyright info to the exif data with the t2i. it should be in the "custom function" menu. it will allow you to add your name and other copyright info. this allows anyone who can view the exif data to know you are the owner. the end.

as far as stamping, here's a youtube video:
- - of course, you don't have to follow the first steps (image size and all that jazz).
thinking I will need to find the book and get a better understanding of all the functions! Thanks!

So far, fingers crossed that I have not found anyone stealing pictures from WCNA but anyone that checks out the Ebay and KNOWS who picture it belong to, the buyers would find out really fast that the sellers were trying to lift photos off the site.

Not sure if I can impose warning to those people that do "lift" pictures from the Welsummer Club site. Should I immediately ban them or give them ONE warning before ban? Simply put, it is purely unethical. If one NEEDS a picture of the "example of a Welsummer" and give photo credit for that member who submitted it, I would be OK with that. Your opinions?

Tomorrow is the BIG day!!!! My Whitmore Farms chicks arrive. Welsummers, Blue and Black Copper Marans and their black and blue Ameraucana's. They state the Ameraucana's lay dark sky blue egg. I sure hope so! I am excited! Does anyone have their Ameraucanas on this list and are their eggs big and blue?? They also say their Welsummer eggs are dark too. CAN NOT WAIT!

I hope they are OK. They were shipped on Monday. First time I have every received chicks that took two days.

Had to share the news

Last edited:
bet they will be just fine. My order took two days and all of mine survived. in fact they are about 3 weeks old now and still doing great!

Tomorrow is the BIG day!!!! My Whitmore Farms chicks arrive. Welsummers, Blue and Black Copper Marans and their black and blue Ameraucana's. They state the Ameraucana's lay dark sky blue egg. I sure hope so! I am excited! Does anyone have their Ameraucanas on this list and are their eggs big and blue?? They also say their Welsummer eggs are dark too. CAN NOT WAIT!

I hope they are OK. They were shipped on Monday. First time I have every received chicks that took two days.

Had to share the news

Last edited:
there are a few ways. first, check your camera. if it's newer, it may mark the photo for you. it may do this in two ways: a) the obvious stamp on the photo, or b) it will assign your info in the exif data of the photo (recommended).

if your camera doesn't do this, or you do not know how to do this, you can add your stamp on the photo easily. if you're using a mac, this can be done with iphoto or aperture. if you're using a windows machine, it can be done using almost any photo editor.

finally, if you upload your photos to flickr, they have an editor that will allow you add the stamp.

all of that rambling out of the way, what camera are you using? then, what computer are you using? and, what software are you using on that computer?

Thanks eggdd. I just bought a new Canon 7D a couple of months ago. Have only used it once and am about 3/4 the way thru the instruction manual. I'm making the transition from slide film to digital and after about six months of solid research I chose the 7D. I have Windows and recently added Picasa. Haven't played with it much yet though. I'm 50+ and somewhat computer literate but am finding that I'm so far behind the young folk that it ain't even funny! I don't think I even know what flickr is.

But you've helped and I say "Thanks!" At least now I can start looking at the I M for info and then Picasso and then online from there.

God Bless,

Well Royce, you are not alone in that category, after all I'm 47 and right behind on you on the digitial age of cameras, and I still have not figured out the bugs on my camera which it is roughly 3 years old. Why can't I just point and shoot with the camera rather than trying to figure out the light, distance and all that newfangled settings that I need to get a good pictures of my Wellies? If I was going to do all that, I might just get out my old Pentax, take the zoom lenses and have a go at the fast speed film on them!

Thanks eggdd. I just bought a new Canon 7D a couple of months ago. Have only used it once and am about 3/4 the way thru the instruction manual. I'm making the transition from slide film to digital and after about six months of solid research I chose the 7D. I have Windows and recently added Picasa. Haven't played with it much yet though. I'm 50+ and somewhat computer literate but am finding that I'm so far behind the young folk that it ain't even funny! I don't think I even know what flickr is.

But you've helped and I say "Thanks!" At least now I can start looking at the I M for info and then Picasso and then online from there.

God Bless,

Well Royce, you are not alone in that category, after all I'm 47 and right behind on you on the digitial age of cameras, and I still have not figured out the bugs on my camera which it is roughly 3 years old. Why can't I just point and shoot with the camera rather than trying to figure out the light, distance and all that newfangled settings that I need to get a good pictures of my Wellies? If I was going to do all that, I might just get out my old Pentax, take the zoom lenses and have a go at the fast speed film on them!

Assuming you could FIND film!

Back
Top Bottom