the whole state of Oklahoma is under a *pics*

Where I grew up in Wisconsin it was -30 in the winter and 105 in the dog days of summer with insufferable humidity. I never minded the heat when we lived in New Mexico and now Texas. In New Mexico the humidity was so low I could go out jogging in 100 deg weather and not break a sweat. We would visit Wisconsin in the summer and the heat and humidity was just miserable.

It's the ice really that's dangerous, not the snow. Most of us down here aren't really bothered by plain ole snow. However when everything is coated in ice, it becomes dangerous for everyone. Especially the way it comes down here. It will come in waves of freezing rain and coat the roads faster than the sand and salt trucks can get out. Not to mention that when it accumulates on the power lines and trees out here, it's a recipe for disaster. Factor in the high winds that Oklahoma is so famous for. We had a bad ice storm in Dec of 07 that crippled nearly the entire state. Over a million people lost power and many people died. I believe that the original concern was that we were going to have another one of those. Give me two feet of snow any day.
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

rant.gif
Why'd you guys send that stuff over here to the Texas Panhandle ....

I'm like you - I'd rather have tons of snow than this stuff. Although, its a blessing I guess since its the only moisture we've had in months.

Why'd you guys send that stuff over here to the Texas Panhandle ....

I'm like you - I'd rather have tons of snow than this stuff. Although, its a blessing I guess since its the only moisture we've had in months.

lol sorry....ya'll had it coming to ya!
wink.png
Just kidding! Stay safe! I see that the radar has freezing rain and sleet stretched all the way out to you guys.
sad.png

My Sister's family drove back from OKC today (thank you, God that they made it safely!). The 2 1/2 hour drive took 4 hours! She said there were times that they saw 15 wrecks an hour, including one man laying in a ditch! This definitely reminds my of the terrible ice storm we had two years ago.
sad.png

I saw on the weather tonight that we might be getting some snow tomorrow. That would be better for driving than this mess! I thought it was snowing some earlier, with the freezing rain, but the little balls I saw were bouncing when they hit the grill.
barnie.gif
Now it's sleeting! If this had been regular rain, instead of freezing rain, I could say it's been pouring down rain for a day and a half.

What do you call it when it's pouring down freezing rain??
hu.gif
LOL! It seriously hasn't stopped in the Tulsa area since it started yesterday afternoon. With the wind gusts slamming it against the windows, it gets the dogs barking.
he.gif
They think someone is trying to come in the window.

We still have power here, and DH is convinced he can fly in tomorrow. We'll see. I hope he can.
fl.gif
fl.gif
I'd feel much better if he was here. I hope everyone on here still has power! Stay safe!

Shelly

Well on top of the foot of snow, we now have 45 mph winds. City of Casper pretty much shut down. All the interstates around us closed. And lucky me, I get to drive 35 miles to work,Driving!

rant.gif
That's it, I'm going to start blowing this stuff back to Oklahoma as this sucks. Snow.... ice.. now more snow. It just won't stop.

I'm dreaming of Florida and Southern California right now.... on a beach watching the waves roll in....

Back
Top Bottom