1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The whopper

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bobshere, Aug 16, 2014.

1. bobshere

bobshere Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is a whopper for you. I wonder if it might be a triple. The top of a Tim Horton's cup[​IMG]

2. jtn42248

jtn42248 Overrun With Chickens

One day my partner and I were working in the yard and we heard the chickens making their "I am busy laying eggs" chatter. Suddenly there was a loud shriek like someone was hurt or being attacked. My partner commented that someone had just laid a record egg. We went out to the coop and sure enough there was the egg of all eggs. Turns out it was a double yolker inside another egg. So, two eggs in one with one a two yolk egg. Wish we had taken a picture of it. It was easily the size of one of my goose eggs but from a chicken. No one seemed the worse for wear and everything is back to normal now. Just nice large and extra large eggs.

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Yikes! that is some egg. Double or triple for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by