The WIND is here!

I live in the high desert of So CA and it is blowin so hard I thought we might have a very hurricane! And it's cold today. Won't last long - it's supposed to be 92 on Tuesday.

Heck, it was so cold here today, (84 degrees) I had to go put on a sweater.
cool.png

Where I live, in southern Tennessee the weather is a problem for me. One day it can be 90 degrees and zero the next day. I hate that. Nothing in between. Sometimes there is a cooling off period but seldom.
I can put the kids on the bus with winter clothes and coats because its very cold and by noon they shed them and lose the coat. Heat at night and air conditioning in the day time. ugh!'
How nice it is when fall gives us a break from the extreme. that doesnt happen very often.
Same in the spring.. heat and ac on the same day.
We had a hot dry summer this year. So hot that I had to just let the yard work go. The flower beds dried up but the weeds didnt take a break. A mess. I remember when it used to rain every once in a while. seldom does that now.

Heck, it was so cold here today, (84 degrees) I had to go put on a sweater.

lol, Mahonri!!!! I grew up in theout skirts of Phx., at 60 degrees I had my down jacket on!! Living in Flagstaff for awhile cured me of that, now I know what cold is!​

Ha Mahonri,

The grass is always greener on the side of the fence that has no snow. Keep up that kind of talk and you'll see an exodus of frozen northern chicken owners, come to visit you for the winter. I am wrapped up by a fire freezing. The chickens have their down jackets on too, and they seem cold anyway. What I can see of them from inside by the window that is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom