The worst kind of predator

panner123

Songster
13 Years
Jan 15, 2007
Garden Valley, ca
This one walks on two legs. For the last week or so the grand gaughter has told me some of her chickens are missing. I would look around for feathers or a hole in the fence, nothing. I couldn't tell if a hen was missing or not, but I know the roos. She came up from getting the eggs tonight and said Big Boy is mising. I checked the fence and found a foot print in the mud by one of the gates.
I wear a size 10 1/2 boot and it is WAY greater than my size. So it looks like I am going to have to set a human trap. The last one got a load of rock salt, this time I will cause the person much more pain than that. If he had asked he could of had the chickens, some eggs and bacon too. Hate to hurt anyone, but I will teach him a d@@n good lesson. A four legged predator knows no better, a two legged one does. And will pay for it.

Ugh, I'm sorry someone's taking your chickens...

I'd be sitting out there tonight with a shot gun
big_smile.png
Happy hunting
wink.png

Who does that! What kind of person just takes it. Could it be a teenager. I would sleep in the coop. When they are there to take a chicken jump out and scream. See what they think of the new mother hen. Good Luck

Be very careful. Chicken thieves are usually homeless people that couldn't care less about doing you in. I live in a real rough neighborhood with lots of homeless people, and the only thing keeping them from my chickens is an eight foot wall.

Hopefully, the thieving skunk will move on to someone else's chicken coop.

Be careful, very careful.

Rufus

You know, these people should go to work as "bird removers" instead of pet stealers. Didn't 50 geese just get gassed because they were "unwanted" and a pest? Isn't Key West trying to get rid of their feral chicken population?!?

I'm am so sorry. I hate that this is happening to you. Is there a way you can put a padlock on your coop?

-Kim

I would put a note and money in an envelope on the coop door saying "To whomever is stealing our chickens. Enclosed is a few dollars to help you out in whatever way you need. I feel for you and know you must be desperate to steal chickens. If this is not enough money, please let me know and I will be happy to do whatever I can. Please don't take our chickens - they are my granddaughter's pets and are dearly loved."

Quote:
I know you are trying to be compassionate for the suspected homeless person, but giving him money would most likely not solve the problem. What would keep the man from coming back and threaten to take more chickens so he could get more money? I'm not criticizing your compassion, please don't take me wrong.

-Kim

Well I know Missouri law has changed so that if I tell somebody to leave my property and they don't I have the right to remove them by the means that I deem necessary. That being said I know how I would handle the situation as well. As for them possibly being homeless and being people to raise chickens or anything like that, I just don't see that as a possibility. Not that I am an expert on the situation or anything like that but it has been my experience from when I lived elsewhere that most homeless people don't even try to make themselves better and are homeless for good reason. Drugs things like that. I know that there are people that are just really down on thier luck too, but I think there should be programs to help these people get back on thier feet installed by the government. If they got on thier feet then it would be great to try to rid the key west ferel chicken population. Sorry I am rambling but hopefully I made some sense to someone. If not the I apologize.

Back
Top Bottom