The Worst of all predators...

i don't know why people think that pellet guns (or any air gun, talking about BB and airsoft are toys) here in Canada that pellet gun is classified as a fire arm (if it shots over 500 fps its a real gun in the eyes of law here)

sorry for your loss.

Trail cam is a great idea.
If you have some sort of neighborhood news thing, I might post asking if anyone is missing a pellet gun. The parent's may come forward not knowing what happened.
Did you dig the pellet out to make sure it came from that gun?

People are so heartless and mean. I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope they get caught. :hugs
I just wanted to say I love your little grave marker. I have used rocks so far. I’ve gotta make a couple of those instead. Great idea, I think it’s beautiful.

These birds not only lay eggs, but are also my pets.
Trail cam is a great idea.
If you have some sort of neighborhood news thing, I might post asking if anyone is missing a pellet gun. The parent's may come forward not knowing what happened.
Did you dig the pellet out to make sure it came from that gun?
The hen was not shredded or lacerated like a possum, racoon, or owl would do it, she also didn't show bite wounds. I did see what appeared to be a hole on her side below the wing. No blood, just a hole. Which makes me believe she was shot in her intestines.

I understand that. I was thinking that it could have been killed by a different gun so digging out the pellet could identify if it was the same type and caliber as those in the rifle.
In the worst predator poll at the top of this head forum, MAN got 59 votes as the worst predator.

i don't know why people think that pellet guns (or any air gun, talking about BB and airsoft are toys) here in Canada that pellet gun is classified as a fire arm (if it shots over 500 fps its a real gun in the eyes of law here)

sorry for your loss.
I consider anything that fires Metal to be a real gun. Pellet guns, BB guns that shoot metal BB's, slingshots with lead or other lethal projectile.

Airsoft with plastic or ceramic are toys, toys for adults, but toys none the less.

If you can have a fun day of stalking your friends and shooting each other in the face with it and no one has to have medical care, then it's a toy, if someone has to dig projectiles out of their skin, then it's a gun.

It's been soo long since I made a post, but I had to share this to see if I'm the only who's had this happen to them(This may be long). So I woke up this past Wednesday, I was gonna go jogging and thought, I'll feed my birds before I leave, so as I approach my henhouse, I find one of my birds dead, she didn't seem to be killed by an animal, it seems she was shot, I notice that another hen was missing so when I go out into my alley way to search I found a pellet gun close to the entrance(maybe they were caught and ran away leaving it?). View attachment 1288823 This hen was in my backyard and some heartless b***** shot her for nothing. If I had seen the ones who done this i would've beat the snot out of them and I'd definitely press charges.I kept watch outside to see if anyone would come back for the gun, and I hear what sounded like the missing hen in a neighbors backyard!!! I took a peek and it was her!!! I thought how is it that she got there? She doesn't escape either. And the man who lives there never fires a pellet gun at all, so he couldn't of done it. We asked for it back and he let us come and take her. She had a wound on her neck, it's like the pellet grazed her neck side, to help her we used purple gelatin to heal her wound.View attachment 1288821 I think Roja, my hen escaped their grasps and flew into the neighbor's backyard.(they also opened the backdoor) View attachment 1288815 After my hen Canela(2016-2018 MSRIP) was buried, I went down to the pawnshop and sold the airgun.(no one would want to keep a weapon that had caused harm) I've lost my first rooster to a possum, but never dealt with something so terrible as this, I don't know who did it, only God knows who and hopefully they pay in the afterlife. After this I'm going to rebuild my henhouse so that no one can aim in and I'm getting a puppy. This goes to show there are some really terrible people in this world, has anyone else had something similar happen to them? (The gun was a swiss and arms tac-1 airgun .177 clb that fires pellets at 950-1000 fps and sold for around $100)

This is gut wrenching. I have cameras set up around my coop. I would suggest Arlo. They're really easy to use and they're wireless. I hope you filed a report to the police.

I consider anything that fires Metal to be a real gun. Pellet guns, BB guns that shoot metal BB's, slingshots with lead or other lethal projectile.

Airsoft with plastic or ceramic are toys, toys for adults, but toys none the less.

If you can have a fun day of stalking your friends and shooting each other in the face with it and no one has to have medical care, then it's a toy, if someone has to dig projectiles out of their skin, then it's a gun.
i agree with you there, are air soft guns up here in Canada most are full metal, due to a weird law stating they have to be under 500 fps and over 367 fps or else there a prohibited weapon. but that's a different topic

i just think anything that fires a projectile that can take out an eye should have respect for it.

Back
Top Bottom