The Wyandotte Bantam Thread

thank you
  • Wilson Chickens
  • wyandottes are friendly and strong they just need to get used to the place try them you gonna love raising them am sure.
thanx
all are Wyandottes
there are a lot of colors just have a look around ^_^

^_^ glad u liked them

..........thank you
wish you were close i would given u some chicks ^_^
i bought them from Germany

Hi everyone. I came across this thread and have a question. I received a year old black Wyandotte bantam rooster from a gentleman today when I picked up a year old golden comet from him and I'm trying to make sure this rooster is what the guy said he is. I've attached a photo of him. Hopefully he is a black Wyandotte bantam because I'm really wanting to start getting into breeding and raising bantams. Thanks everyone.
Its hard to tell in pictures what a bird really looks like, but he appears to be lacking in overall wyandotte shape/type. He does have a rosecomb which says wyandotte but his tail and body shape are off.
here's a pic of my breeder wyandotte rooster to compare.

Its hard to tell in pictures what a bird really looks like, but he appears to be lacking in overall wyandotte shape/type. He does have a rosecomb which says wyandotte but his tail and body shape are off. here's a pic of my breeder wyandotte rooster to compare.

Thanks Jtabor1387. My step son is going to take the rooster and the golden comet hen (which I don't know how exactly that's going to work since both of them will still be staying on my farm lol) since my husband got me a white silkie rooster and two Golden Laced Polish for mothers day. At least I know that there's some Wyandotte in the rooster. Thanks everyone for your input on him.

The GLW are fabulous. We have bantam SLW, black/blue project, and and partridge wyandottes. If you ever have extra SLW eggs or chicks I would love some! Just now getting fertile eggs started in the incubator. Slow start this spring with laying! Where r u located at i don't know

Last edited:
Now how did you manage to get three such nice birds, black, blue, and splash, to pose all together?

:) I only kept these three and I put them in a coop that only had my old white hen in it when they were old enough to move outside. They always stay really close to each other.

Just registered here to look for more breeders of these great chickens! There's a page on Facebook but everyone is in the Netherlands. Awesome breed.

So far I just have two SLW pullets. Looking for a few more.

Athens, GA USA

Back
Top Bottom