The Wyandotte Bantam Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Jtabor1387, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Chikenbutwut

Chikenbutwut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2013
    Benton, KY
    Zombie chickens! [​IMG]

2. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    Unclebeebirds have great Wyandotte bantams. His eggs also hatch well, despite the post office. I'm not sure what he does that's different, but he has the handle on it without having control over the postal service.

I have 2 chocolate Wyandotte bantams from him. The pullet has a single comb but no problem. The chocolates got their color from the imported Orpingtons. So many novice Wyandotte people get excited if a single comb shows up or some one has it in their stock. So what? There are very few breeds that haven't been crossed with one thing or another to get a desired color or trait. The Wyandottes are a composite breed to begin with. So what's the big deal? How many Wyandottes have leg stubs? You simply breed away from it. And the culls make great layers or meaties.

3. Jtabor1387

Jtabor1387 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2012
    Uncle bees does have good birds, I have plenty of birds I hatched from him, all are great. As far as single comb goes, rose comb is dominant over single so it will breed out. I try to breed as close to show quality, so for me personally, a single comb is a cull.

4. danniboi1990

danniboi1990 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Coventry
    I had 9 chicks hatch on Wednesday... Sooooo cute! I don't know how 2 pekin cross wyandotte eggs got into the incubator but never mind...
    [​IMG]

5. lafell

lafell New Egg

Mar 6, 2011
    Hello - Are you still raising Wyandotte bantams. I would love to find blue and red laced and silver laced chicks or hatching eggs!

Loriann; e-mail [email protected]

6. sheep island

sheep island Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2013
    Southwest Louisiana
    Anyone with dun laced?

7. Half-Pint

Half-Pint Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2013
    In Your Bathtub
    I'm following this thread so I can do some pre-learning, lol. I really want to get some Wyandotte bantams.

8. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

They sure are cute chickens.

9. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    I agree, single comb or any dq for that matter, should be culled whenever possible.

10. jpranch

jpranch Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2014
    Central Wisconsin
    Anyone have Silver laced wyandotte bantams?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by