The Wyandotte Bantam Thread

Whoa, what's with the glowing eyes?
Zombie chickens!
tongue.png

Unclebeebirds have great Wyandotte bantams. His eggs also hatch well, despite the post office. I'm not sure what he does that's different, but he has the handle on it without having control over the postal service.

I have 2 chocolate Wyandotte bantams from him. The pullet has a single comb but no problem. The chocolates got their color from the imported Orpingtons. So many novice Wyandotte people get excited if a single comb shows up or some one has it in their stock. So what? There are very few breeds that haven't been crossed with one thing or another to get a desired color or trait. The Wyandottes are a composite breed to begin with. So what's the big deal? How many Wyandottes have leg stubs? You simply breed away from it. And the culls make great layers or meaties.

Unclebeebirds have great Wyandotte bantams. His eggs also hatch well, despite the post office. I'm not sure what he does that's different, but he has the handle on it without having control over the postal service.

I have 2 chocolate Wyandotte bantams from him. The pullet has a single comb but no problem. The chocolates got their color from the imported Orpingtons. So many novice Wyandotte people get excited if a single comb shows up or some one has it in their stock. So what? There are very few breeds that haven't been crossed with one thing or another to get a desired color or trait. The Wyandottes are a composite breed to begin with. So what's the big deal? How many Wyandottes have leg stubs? You simply breed away from it. And the culls make great layers or meaties.
Uncle bees does have good birds, I have plenty of birds I hatched from him, all are great. As far as single comb goes, rose comb is dominant over single so it will breed out. I try to breed as close to show quality, so for me personally, a single comb is a cull.

Uncle bees does have good birds, I have plenty of birds I hatched from him, all are great. As far as single comb goes, rose comb is dominant over single so it will breed out. I try to breed as close to show quality, so for me personally, a single comb is a cull.
I agree, single comb or any dq for that matter, should be culled whenever possible.

Back
Top Bottom