The Wyandotte Bantam Thread

You might be able to find EE bantams at tractor supply, I have never seen Wyandotte bantams at a store. Dunlap hatchery in Idaho has BLRW bantams, they require an order of 25 though. You may be able to find someone who wants to split an order with you.
I see, thanks!
Are wyandotte bantams considered broody? Ive just recently been told that all bantams are broody, regardless of the breed..

I see, thanks!
Are wyandotte bantams considered broody? Ive just recently been told that all bantams are broody, regardless of the breed..
I don't know the answer to that. I'm getting my first bunch of bantam Wyandottes this April so I'm sure I'll find out. From my experience with other bantam breeds, bantams tend to be more broody than large fowl.

I see, thanks!
All depends on each hen. Ive had many different hens go broody and then others that never do. I haven't found one specific color that is more or less broody than others.

I ran across black bantam wyo's on Craigslist and they claim they are shoq quality. I don't know anything abt the breed. Are black bantams recognized? They come with a coop that is worth $200+ by itself. I'm interested in the coop but have always liked Wyandottes so I thought 'why not?' Thanks!

Black bantams are recognized.

I have a pair of blacks and 2 white hens from Art Lundgren stock. Am planning on another black hen and white roo this year if I can make room.

I was never really a bantam fan but these guys are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom