The Wyandotte Thread

Hi guys i've been reading parts of this thread and started to wonder about my own wyandottes, i have a silver laced bantam at 10 months, its comb is quite a wide, rounded (rather than flat on the head) rose comb with a slightly textured top, where as my two little 4.5 month old gold partridge and silver penciled pullets both have quite narrow, flat and combs with a much more pointy end! to what extent is there variation in the comb shape, texture and size in wyandottes?

I ordered some Blue Wyandottes from a hatchery. While the site didn't say, I'm assuming that I will get some blue, some black, and some splash???? I don't think they would be self blues...but I haven't heard or read about any Splash varieties...any help or information you can offer would be appreciated!

I hope I posted this in the right spot...

I ordered some Blue Wyandottes from a hatchery. While the site didn't say, I'm assuming that I will get some blue, some black, and some splash???? I don't think they would be self blues...but I haven't heard or read about any Splash varieties...any help or information you can offer would be appreciated!

I hope I posted this in the right spot...

Self Blue is Lavender and I have never seen a lavender laced wyandotte. You will most likely get splash. that seems to be the most of what I see come from hatcheries.

I found this website which was helpful too. http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Shows/AndyVardy/col.html
Don't know where that was when I was looking the last time...
roll.png

Thanks again for everybody's help!

Back
Top Bottom