The Wyandotte Thread

Quote:
AWESOME christmas presents!
big_smile.png
Very nice.

I know it is finally, and surprisingly, official for us. . .

We're getting quality Silver Laced Wyandottes this spring!!
celebrate.gif

- We're certainly thinking Paul's Poultry, and also debating on the idea of Columbian Wyandottes vs Silver Pencilled Wyandottes as well.

Or whites. . . Except I think those will put our other birds in jeopardy, as we don't cage or confine our birds in runs.

big_smile.png
Yeh! We considered columbians too...but the kids like the silver better. I think any color of the breed looks nice.

Quote:
I had seen SLW...but not the quality like these, I had NO idea! There is a huge difference. We like both
smile.png
Just got a bigger coop is all
wink.png

You'll enjoy them. Some of my originals are from Jerry and Rebecca. They're great birds....very calm and friendly.

I agree, they are nice birds all around. I have some of their Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. I bought 12 day-old chicks in May of last spring, and the Foleys were nice enough to ship me 13. One little guy did die, but the rest lived. That is the pen of birds I sent a picture of (with the 2 Cochin roosters standing in between them). I still have 11 of those birds that I am raising. I only had to butcher 1 rooster so far because he was not laced. Otherwise, we are continuing to watch them develop and will make the final cuts on our breeding pen sometime after the farm show in January. Between the two pens, I will probably have a few spare pairs of birds that could use a home.

- We're certainly thinking Paul's Poultry, and also debating on the idea of Columbian Wyandottes vs Silver Pencilled Wyandottes as well.

These are columbians I got from Paul's....if it helps you make a decision.
smile.png
The silver penciled are beautiful too.

57060_columbianpair.jpg

57060_columbian.jpg

When I do get a flock up and running again I am thinking about some Buff Wyndottes. I obviously have to have faverolles but I am just looking at the big buff birds and I really like the look of them.

Henry

Quote:
it 's actually a pretty easy color to get, its the following generations that are difficult. they are just a blue (violet) lace as in B/B/S.

Back
Top Bottom