The Wyandotte Thread

I have Colubiam rock chicks but I assume color is the same what does it mean if you have chicks that is especally dark and some that are light? Thought you columbian wyandotte breeders might know?

Donna are you on today? I remember you having a theory about the barring on the chicks wings. I took some wing shots of some 7 day olds.

Last edited:
I'd rather them go broody. I found out I have an egg eater! No wonder I wasn't getting eggs for months in 2012!!!
he.gif

Caught the devil in the act! She completely ignored me and proceeded to try to eat ANOTHER egg!
ep.gif

My roo is finally starting to trust me, and is coming closer to me when I'm out there feeding/watering them. Tonight was pen cleaning night, so I figured I'd take some pictures when I was finished. They also got their nails trimmed as the show I'm taking them too is exactly in a month. Of course, I'll probably have to trim their nails again closer to the show, but it doesn't hurt to start conditioning early. I got one good picture of my roo with his overall type... Despite his tail, I think he has the nice circle you want in a Wyandotte. His hen is right behind him so it looks like there's something added on to him, but there's not.

Why do my birds think they need to go broody NOW?

I think my SLW are wanting to go broody too. 1 seems to want to stay in the nest box longer and today I caught 2 in there at one time. BTW I have 4 eggs from on batch and 8 SLW in another batch developing
fl.gif

If I said that already.... I am sorry
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom