The Wyandotte Thread

Hi Everyone! I haven't been around on BYC for awhile but I'm glad to see the Wyandotte Thread is as strong as ever!

I have been working on Golden Laced for a while but I have decided to focus on Partridge and Silver Pencilled. That means I've still got a few nice GL (3 Pullets, 1 cockerel, 1 Adult Pair) and a few SL to go with (4 SL hens). Some of you may remember my post from last fall with some rather immature pics. Well, you'll be glad you waited because they only got better :) Lots better...

The whole lot has to go, so someone help me out and make a visit to Indiana :) Swap meet season is coming up soon :)

Here are a few pics:

Old Male

Pullet

Old Females

2 year old female

Cockerel
It has been a while Rudy, glad to see you are still here and raising Wyandottes. Color me impressed with the size on those GL females!! That is the knock on so many of the multicolored varieties is that they are small, looks like you are doing a great job with that. If I was anywhere close to Indiana I would give you a call haha.
Great that you are still working on the Partridge and the SP. Your name came up the other day when I was talking to Jerry and I wondered how you were doing.
John

Hi everyone. I'm hoping some of you current wyandotte owners can give me your opinion on what the sex of these two may be. They are not SQ, I picked them up at TSC to keep some other chicks company. They are GLW. I am hatching out some BLRW in April and am excited about that. Can they be feather sexes at all? I have never owned the breed before and appreciate any info you have. Thanks. These two are four weeks old. I'm not keeping them, but a friend was hoping for one if it is a girl. A little worried they seem to be getting slight waddles.

The silver is becoming a favorite for me. They are beautiful
love.gif

Hi Everyone! I haven't been around on BYC for awhile but I'm glad to see the Wyandotte Thread is as strong as ever!

I have been working on Golden Laced for a while but I have decided to focus on Partridge and Silver Pencilled. That means I've still got a few nice GL (3 Pullets, 1 cockerel, 1 Adult Pair) and a few SL to go with (4 SL hens). Some of you may remember my post from last fall with some rather immature pics. Well, you'll be glad you waited because they only got better :) Lots better...

The whole lot has to go, so someone help me out and make a visit to Indiana :) Swap meet season is coming up soon :)

Here are a few pics:

Old Male

Pullet

Old Females

2 year old female

Cockerel

So excited to have found this thread. We just bought our first chicks yesterday. Husband bought me 6 SLW for my birthday. I'm looking forward to watching them grow.

My 2 year old loves them too!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom