The Wyandotte Thread

(discussion of the single comb reminded me of this) One of my friends is restarting her silver laced orpington project. All her project birds were killed by a possum sadly. She was needing single combed SL wyandottes and I had none
idunno.gif
. I'll still be giving her some of mine to work with but am really excited about the results
big_smile.png
. I may even dabble in it and see what I get. I have a really nice black orpington and will be getting a great black orpington soon from my friend. I wish I had more breeding pens!

That was exactly my thinking. Not orpingtons, but cochin bantams. Here in South Africa we have some lovely SL wyandottes, but very few cochins of any quality, i was intending to start a silver laced cochin project using the SL wyandotte hen with the single comb, and a partridge cochin bantam rooster.

I love the SL wyandottes, and may just buy some because they look so pretty, and as i wont be showing them, i can take some of the single combed culls
big_smile.png

Beautiful pics!!!! I have been doing my research and really LOVE the Silver laced
love.gif
I read they are great for beginners. I have a 10yo & 13yo that are very excited about raising chickens. We all love the pics posted!!! They say these are pretty hardy & friendly???

Have a hatcher full of eggs that were due on the 13th hatching on day 18...literally flying out of the shells. Had to put the eggs into the hatcher this morning when I found a live chick cheeping under the egg turner. Had planned to make the move this evening. Set the eggs on March 23. Have CW, Blues and Birchen project chicks along with Cochin eggs. Temp in the incubator was 99.5. Speaks to healthy breeders, fertility, vigor and hatching fresh eggs.

Back
Top Bottom