The Wyandotte Thread

The Silver Penciled Wyandotte chicks I ordered are "in the mail"
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Hi All, i have a question regarding single combs, i know they are a disqualification, but i was wondering if they bred true. If i got a single combed wyandotte and bred it to another single combed wyandotte or other single combed bird, would the single come come out 100% in the chicks?

Last edited:
Hi All, i have a question regarding single combs, i know they are a disqualification, but i was wondering if they bred true. If i got a single combed wyandotte and bred it to another single combed wyandotte or other single combed bird, would the single come come out 100% in the chicks?
Yes single comb (rr) birds can only pass on the gene for single combs.

(discussion of the single comb reminded me of this) One of my friends is restarting her silver laced orpington project. All her project birds were killed by a possum sadly. She was needing single combed SL wyandottes and I had none
idunno.gif
. I'll still be giving her some of mine to work with but am really excited about the results
big_smile.png
. I may even dabble in it and see what I get. I have a really nice black orpington and will be getting a great black orpington soon from my friend. I wish I had more breeding pens!

Pictures as promised....Little Black Wyandotte with yellow legs! and a few more....

The one on the left is a Blue Columbian, in the middle is a Blue, and then the Black

yes, look, my legs are really yellow!

2.5 week old Blue Columbian

Columbian on left, Black on right...comparison Black has almost orange yellow legs.

Back
Top Bottom