The Wyandotte Thread

I am trying to understand bunny tails and if the pullet can outgrow this fault. My pullets are currently four months old. any one with hope for me on this please help.

I am trying to understand bunny tails and if the pullet can outgrow this fault. My pullets are currently four months old. any one with hope for me on this please help.
That is a little young to tell if it is going to have bunny tail.

Post some pictures and lets take a look

photos of tails (zip ties in order from top to bottom, green left, green right, red left, red right)
my question is about bunny tails and if these pullets tails will change with age? Do these pullets have tail problems? cull now or wait?

looks like an easter egger to me...  most likely rooster from the saddle feathers I see...

the telling points were the dark legs, pea comb and ear muffs. can't really see, but i'm guessing he's bearded as well.
Would it help if I got/took some close up pics? If so, after the rain passes ill go take some and post.

I'm getting some white Wyandotte bantams from Daniel Jerome in the spring. Can't wait to be able to have such a great start to white Wyandotte bantams, his birds are beautiful.

photos of tails (zip ties in order from top to bottom, green left, green right, red left, red right)
my question is about bunny tails and if these pullets tails will change with age? Do these pullets have tail problems? cull now or wait?
I am sorry to not be able to comment on the 'bunny-tail' question, as I am not as educated as some on this matter. I would like to say though I love the feather pattern on your bird! The contrast of black & white-silver is very appealing to me. Is this a what would be called a 'penciled' pattern or a different colored partridge? Please forgive my ignorance on the subject, I am still a chicken-student.

Nice pattern on your SP's! The only one I wouldn't use at this point is the one in the third picture-the rest WILL change as they grow. #1 may end up as a bunny tail, but the other 2 look nice.

From what I understand the desired wyandotte tail is shaped like a tee pee. The bunny tail is shaped like a horse shoe. Photos of your birds from the rear would help determine if they do have a bunny tail. Someone with more experience on here might be able to tell if they have the proper tail from the side. I think your birds are so cute!! I love the color of these!

Back
Top Bottom