The Wyandotte Thread

Silver Columbian is the color. They need pattern gene Pg and Melonotic Ml to be laced They don't look like they have that. They don't have rose combs. Are you sure of their parentage?
I had some Red broiler over SLW that looked something like that, but they had wyandotte rose combs.
20200504_154514.jpg

This is the only one with a rose comb

Yes, They should be silver laced, when they reach their adult plumage. Hens will be gold or silver depending on their father. if he is SS they will be S- . Any cockerels would be Ss which usually look silver with a slight yellowish tint. If you had a gold laced rooster over silvers you would have a sex link cross. Gold laced hens and Ss roosters.

View attachment 2123274
This is the only one with a rose comb
Almost looks Columbian here.
Silver Laced Wyandotte are rose comb as that is the Standard for all Wyandotte.
These are some of my Columbian....
From hatch to adult...not in order.

A cock selected for the next show....when ever that may be..
image.jpeg

Young juveniles before the cull process. These are 4 to 6 weeks and are ready to go out to free range.
image.jpeg

The dye on the forehead is a chick from my show line.
image.jpeg

The wing should have a nice crisp white edge on the black primary feathers. The cape and tail should be separated by a clean white zone.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    400.5 KB · Views: 3
Most of my flock are Wyandotte’s. Here are some of mine and they are 8 weeks old. Not sure what type of Wyandotte the second picture is though. I think it was suppose to be my other blue lace red but it looks nothing like my other one. 😆 What do you all think? Also will they get more coloration as they get older? 62CFBDE2-8F75-4B89-B918-3B5709E86BE3.jpeg 7E5EBB49-2C0C-42CC-9CD2-BC3D955B0C3E.jpeg 0B2EBF37-A000-4000-B7E1-C1FF40A9DDC5.jpeg 7E09C27D-3004-4CBA-8115-846E1E164E43.jpeg

Most of my flock are Wyandotte’s. Here are some of mine and they are 8 weeks old. Not sure what type of Wyandotte the second picture is though. I think it was suppose to be my other blue lace red but it looks nothing like my other one. 😆 What do you all think? Also will they get more coloration as they get older?View attachment 2287090View attachment 2287091View attachment 2287092View attachment 2287093
I think the first picture with the two birds and the last one are BLRW. The second and third might be SLW, although that one is darker than I have seen them.

Back
Top Bottom