The Wyandotte Thread

What do you "experts" think of my BLRW Trio? The hens are from the Foleys( where all good BLR's come from
big_smile.png
).
The Roo,Constantine, is from mame1616 and is from Gretchen Bare's lines. Edit for spelling...
idunno.gif

69547_100_5094.jpg

69547_100_5095.jpg

69547_100_5109.jpg

Sorry if pics seem blurry, and don't pay attention to the date, the camera is whack.

Last edited:
Hello Wyandotte enthusiasts!
I am a chicken lover with a son who has just started showing in the FFA/4H level and he has gotten into showing the Bantam Wyandottes (Partridge ). Well, long story short we love these little birds. My son had just bought his own birds in Oct at a show and is proud of his little trio and looking forward to spring shows etc.... Well, that is until today when I thought the weather was so nice (70F) and was trying to do something nice for the chickies, I thought gee wouldn't it be nice to let the girls and guy out to free range a bit before bedtime..... Well, we have mostly had standard birds and so I've not had a problem with hawk and such but, today to my horor I learned that bantams make nice tasty hawk/owl size snacks. Anyway, the hawk flew right off with my son's prize little bantam rooster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sad.png
Anyway, he(DS) does not know this happened yet and I am trying everything I can to get a replacement before he notices. Sooooooo, is there anyone in Oklahoma or near Tulsa that would have a show quality Wyandotte roo that I might buy before he notices? I need a Partridge color. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or leads.

Stephenie - Tulsa, Ok

Quote:
They are beautiful!
ep.gif
I just love seeing chickens out free ranging!! So peaceful
love.gif
I can't let mine out unless I sit with them since we have Bobcats that come all hours of the day and will steal a chicken even if we are outside working nearby
rant.gif

Thanks Hoppy . We did not have the girls with him since we live in a neighborhood we only have the girls here at the house( no fertile eggs ).
hit.gif
I had taken him to the main coop( ie the farm) last month since his crowing was bothering the neighbor. I can't blame them since the coop at our house is practically right under her bedroom window ( I know bad coop planning).
tongue.png
Here is a pic of him RIP "Caw" and his girlfriends. So much for letting the little bantams free range at the farm.
sad.png

6780_img_1360.jpg

Hi Wyandotte lovers.
big_smile.png
love.gif
I plan on purchasing some hatching eggs next spring. I want BLRW and I want real good quality. So far on my list of people to contact are Paul's, Foley's, and Katy's... is there anybody that I'm missing for getting really good quality BLRW?

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom