The Wyandotte Thread

Quote:
Cute
cool.png

I'd say Butters is a boy
hide.gif

No expert on Wyandottes, but last spring with my first bunch, I would have thought over half of 25 were roos at that age, because of comb color & wattles. I only ended up with 2, so I wouldn't say Butters is a boy just yet.

Quote:
thank you for posting the pictures. I was just thinking this morning of seeing if she turned out to be white or splash.
my next batch are due to hatch tuesday. with being sick, I've had to be careful of hatching and having others caring for my birds. so I'm feeling up to the task and actually someone else is doing this hatch for me just in case.
bless his heart.

Thanks. Butters gets prettier everyday. No attempted crowing yet. I think I will keep the hope that Butters is a girl til she crows .

Awe hope you get to feeling better Hoppy and that you get a great hatch. Fuzzies make fun distraction.

Hey Turbos,
Just talked to Duane Urch on the phone. I ordered black wyandotte chicks from Stromberg's breeders. Mr. Urch lost both of his black wyandotte roosters so instead I'm going to receive a mix of 25 partridge, silver penciled, maybe columbian chicks from him instead. They'll be here in April/May. Want to work some sort of trade for black chicks around that time?

Colby

Been awful quiet on the Wyandotte thread here lately. Made a trip to my dads the last couple of days and saw his nice Buff LF chicks that have hatched out of the trio I got for him. Never seen many of them in my years but these Buffs are wonderful chickens. Very docile, laid back...the rooster is a big teddy bear honestly. They lay pretty well and have had good fertility once the weather warmed up. He had a 100% hatch out of his Buff eggs, so I was impressed. Currently I think he has about 15-20 hatched out. Looks like he will have a flock of them next year, a sight I am eager to see.

Back
Top Bottom