Thelma (updated with picture)

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I'm sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I wish we didn't have to go through this part.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Well, we told Cailee, and she was heartbroken. She cried and cried, wanted to know why it had to be HER sweet little Thelma. Broke my heart. I told her she could pick another one of the 4 remaining and love it and grow it and show it at the fair. She didn't take to that very well... she wants Thelma. She went and gathered up all her pictures of Thelma and took them to bed with her.

I don't suppose anyone would know where to find another young blue silkie hen? Blue is Cailee's favorite color, and I know that is why she picked her for her very own. I know I can't replace Thelma, but she just looks at the other chicks and cries.

I can hear her in her room just sobbing... I hope she falls asleep soon.

Yes, we will be having a small funeral for her tomorrow... Nana and Pop are coming to be there for Cailee.

It has been a long day... I'm looking forward to getting some sleep.

D

And I have found that expending a whole lot of effort on the weak ones is an exercise in futility.

Yes, probably -- but the ones that make it...it is an AWESOME sense of victory! And the ones that don't, you have the satisfaction of knowing that you loved them and did the best you could to make them comfortable, strong and well.

Best wishes to your daughter.​

Back
Top Bottom