Themed "Block of the Month" Sign-Up for August

Quote:
Anything but PINK!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
barnie.gif

Pink makes her crazy. Please do not send pink. I have to work with her occassionally.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

thowe.....Here is your block. I have had the hardest time piecing this one so I hope it is good enough for you to use.
fl.gif
I can't tell you how many times I ripped it out and sewed it over. It is not an easy block to get the points right on. The colors are more muted and match better than the picture shows.

301_dsc_0243.jpg

Wow Bev nice job I am ascared of this block so have not started it yet. Guess I best start it if I have to tear it out over and over again LOL.

I love the colors.

Quote:
ep.gif
LOve the block and love the colors leepsy. Great job, isn't my name under yours?? Oh no that's right Acre is above me. How could I forget.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
I'm going to get it.

SORRY, wrong block. Acre is above me on another thread. I don't even know which one but I'm sure I'm in trouble. LOL

Last edited:
Ok... I spoke with Acres, and I would like to join in.
I have made a few card trick blocks before so I don't think I am too far behind the 8-ball.
BUT I am unsure about colors of who I am below.....
I have a huge fabric stash and I can start tomorrow. If someone could take a pitch fork and throw me into the loop, I would be thankful!

Groovy, I have a few blocks left over from my last quilt, but I think they might be too small.
What is the block size? I am assuming a quarter of an inch seam allowance...??

frow.gif
Thanks Jean and Ginger. It was a struggle for me. You know, I made a king sized quilt top with a quilt-in-a-day book using the card trick block. I guess it wasn't as difficult because you do most of the piecing in strips you have sewn together rather than all the little triangles. It makes a beautiful quilt. I never would have finished it if I had to piece one block at a time like this one.
hide.gif
Now on to the regular August swap block.
smile.png

Welcome Karey! Are you sure you are in the right thread? You may want the regular, make whatever you want block of the month thread or the one in christmas fabrics to make what you want..in this one, you have to make the card trick pattern ....which was waaaaaaaaaaaay hard for me, lol!!! The other two threads are here...

regular, make any block you want - https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=220967

any
block you want out of christmas fabrics only -
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=217571

hope this helps!! We have sooo many swaps going that it is easy to get confused
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom