Themed "Block of the Month" Sign-Up for June

Jennilou has not posted on the board since the end of May. I doubt that she is going to go thru with this swap, maybe something happened to her computer. I have not checked on ChikkieNikkie yet to see when she posted last.

I will have this block finished and sent out to Luna (instead of jennilou) by the end of this week. My apologies for the delay on finishing it!​

Quote:
I bought some paper piecing paper today so I guess I will try it ! Ill let you know how it goes Scrambled !
barnie.gif

I found a way around paper piecing...I don't like it. Templates almost as much.
I make a 12 inch square from freezer paper. I draw out the pattern I want to make.
Usually there are four or more pieces the same size. Then I cut out one paper piece and iron it onto a piece of white fabric. I cut this out allowing for all 1/4 seam lines.
Next I measure and cut the strip to accomodate that piece then cut multiple pieces. I use my roller cutter and straight edges as much as possible.

Then I refer to my freezer paper pattern for placement and measurement during construction. I look for ways to construct from the center out ...like putting together a large square or triangle .

I did this for Beacon's light...IMHO...made it so much easier.

I sort of do mine the same way but, I copy the pattern to the freezer paper and add 1/4 seam to the freezer paper. Then I make copies on more freezer paper cut them out put them on the fabric and iron them down with the shinny side down. I place 3 or 4 layers of fabric under the one I ironed I cut them out with my cutter and I can make 3 or 4 cuts outs with the one piece of paper and I use the freezer paper over and over.

I definitely need to figure out a better way or just simply figure out this paper piecing
barnie.gif
lol this block is making me a bit nutty. I'm home from work sick today so will get it finished and mailed. I am almost done! whoot!
ya.gif

Quote:
lol I love the look of the July block but am feeling mighty tentative about trying it... plus I have a quilt fundraiser project I'll be working on soooo.... we'll see....
th.gif

FINALLY got this block done though!
yippiechickie.gif

Sorry the picture is bad, took it with my phone, lol
Hope you like it Luna! I need your addy so I can send it out.

0703091330.jpg

Quote:
lol I love the look of the July block but am feeling mighty tentative about trying it... plus I have a quilt fundraiser project I'll be working on soooo.... we'll see....
th.gif

yippiechickie.gif

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/mithrilmaid/0703091330.jpg

I WANT THAT BLOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
th.gif

yippiechickie.gif

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/mithrilmaid/0703091330.jpg

I WANT THAT BLOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't have it........
neener_neener.gif

Back
Top Bottom