Themed "Block of the Month" Sign-Up for June

I am sorry if the block is to hard, Darlene.....but I thought with that new machine that you'd have no problem.
lau.gif

OK, y'all.....I spent all morning getting this block cut out precisely and sewn together carefully and when I got to the final step I realized it is going to be 14 inches instead of 12.
barnie.gif
The one inch test square measured one inch so I don't know what went wrong.
idunno.gif
I am paper piecing by the way. So my question is, if I shave off a half inch on each side of the inside block will that make the block unacceptable? I think it will fix the problem but I just want your opinion.

DSC_0133.jpg

Last edited:
So. Bev.....You printed out the paper piecing templates and cut out your fabric and then it ended up being 14"???? Not sure how that happened. With the templates it should only measure 12".

Hmmmmmm???? Girl you got me
idunno.gif
hu.gif

Quote:
Love the colors !!!!!!!!!!! Haven't tackeled it yet but IM not paper piecing. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow !

hugs.gif
Thanks Scrambled I am honored to get a block from my favorite overachiever/stalker !

I printed up the block oieces to piece instead of paper piece. Everytime I print the page it won't show all of the center unit rectangle !
barnie.gif

Can anyone tell me the exact measurement of that piece ?

I see that I will then need to add 1/4 seam allowance to all the pieces, but first I need that measurement .
he.gif

Chicken Women
I chose not to paper piece I used a template for the small triangle.
Here's what I did: These measurements include the seam allowances.
Center square: 4 3/4
rectangles: 2 3/4 x 4 3/4
small square 2 3/4
Outside corner square: 3 1/2
The triangles are 3 1/8 square cut on the diagonal.

On the second one I used a seam with a scant to 1/4 inch seam.I always iron and trim as I go.
put together the center 9 patch.
construct the outside triangle unit.
Trim the edges of the 9 patch and the diagonal edge of the triangle unit. and seam together.

Scrambled: I need your address to mail you your block.
23941_scrambled_block.jpg

I'm sending you both. The first one on the left is 1/8 inch smaller that it sould be because i used a 1/4 inch seam...(I know better,....but my mind was "scrambled". I'm sure you can come up with something creative to use them.

Last edited:
Nanakat, nice job, and thank you for the measurements. I made a diagram of the block and wrote down the numbers and what color goes where. It makes it easier for me to visualize the finished block.

I need every ones opinion really quick!!!!!
Should we make all the blocks with chicken print in them or no?

Give me your opinion......please

NanaKat.....
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom