themed chicken names for a small flock

I've got three hens and they all have a theme tune. We're only picking names where there is a song we can sing about them
263a.png
I have Rhonda (help me Rhonda -beach boys) Peggy (Peggy sue - Buddy Holly) and Bertha (this was a UK kids program in the 80s - great theme tune)

This makes it quite fun to call them in as we can't help singing their names
1f600.png

Stacy

Lolly, Molly, Polly and Dolly.....did anyone else read that book as a child?

Lolly, Molly. Polly and Dolly all looked at Homer. Homer was their brother. "You're a pest" they said. "I'm not a pest" said Homer........
lol.png
I'm 42 years old and I can still quote pages of that book from reading it to my little brother when he was 5 and I was 8.

I have a silver laced wyandotte, rir, barred rock, leghorn, leghorn mix, and a speckled sussex to name!

we did the game of thrones. tho my daughter insisted on naming 2 of them, dilbird and gilbird, i pretend they are common folk that were never in the book.

I have a silver laced wyandotte, rir, barred rock, leghorn, leghorn mix, and a speckled sussex to name!

I enjoy naming chickens after people that are from the same place the chickens originally were.

Examples might be:

Speckled Sussex, from Sussex, people from Sussex=Elinor and Marianne Dashwood, Norland Park, their original home, was in Sussex.

Wyandotte, after Native American tribe in NY with first Silver Laced being accepted APA in New York, women from New York=Jacqueline Kennedy, Scarlett Johansson, Madeleine L'Engle, Sienna Miller, Lady Gaga, Barbara Stanwyck, Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, etc.

Rhode Island Red, women from Rhode Island=One of these: http://www.riheritagehalloffame.org/inductees_detail.cfm?act=lest&crit=cat&catid=5&catName=Women I like Princess Red Wing.

Barred Plymouth Rock, choose a name from one of the early dwellers at Plymouth=Priscilla Mullins or others

Leghorn and Leghorn Mix, from Italy, Italian women=Tarpeia, betrayer of Rome, and Maria Montessori, educator.

So, I might name them Miss Marianne, Ms. Sienna, Lady Priscilla, Princess Red Wing, Poor Tarpeia, and Ms. Maria.

All in good fun.

Back
Top Bottom